Bluegrass

After losing Jeff Austin, seeing billy cover “sorrow is a highway” made me tear up. All his covers are awesome, direwolf and willing we’re awesome coveres from that show too

Damn I’ll have to check out that Austin cover. He does black clouds from SCI too.

One of my favorite albums of all time. Managed to stay in regular rotation ever since I was in middle school, and I still love it just as much as I did back then.

5 Likes

Hartford is def. one of the GOAT

1 Like

100%. Probably my favorite song writer in the bluegrass world, and that’s saying a lot

Been to bluegrass festivals and always asked the real, true, and old diehards what they dug the most. Answer was almost always Hartford.

He’s quintessentially, musically, and culturally, rich for bluegrass

1 Like

He definitely had more of a sing/songwriter approach to his music. You can almost compare him more to Bob Dylan and John Prine than you can the more traditional straight up bluegrass cats.

For sure. Definitely not the full picture but is a tremendous songwriter

This collection of Hartford covers by Courtney Hartman and Robert Ellis is fantastic.,

2 Likes

Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug8p5pVsj9U

1 Like

RIP Tony Rice

Fuuuuck

One of the GOATs. RIP.

The story behind Tony Rice’s Martin is really cool.

Damn, that is a tough loss. Cant think of many guitarists from the last 40+ years who have changed the way people play quite like Tony.

1 Like

one more for the GOAT…

Ouch…RIP :frowning:

TIL that Dan Tyminski wrote the version of Man of Constant Sorrow that appeared in O Brother Where Art Thou

1 Like

He also recorded the vocals for Clooney’s character.

2 Likes