Billy Strings

If their dad/kid was a very talented musician then I really don’t see the problem

2 Likes

Sounds like something i will love. I am all for that old timey twang guitar. Doc Watson is one of my musical heroes. His dad is a badass, should be a fun album.

2 Likes

Big difference is Billy’s dad can actually play.

1 Like

I have a ticket for BS tonight in Austin. Got it on COT but plans changed.

1 Like

Any chance anyone is going to OKC next weekend? I have a couple extras if anyone knows anyone that’s looking.

Been listening to the November 2021 Milwaukee show. It’s just soooo fucking good. It’s the loudest I’ve ever heard the Riverside cheer, and you can pick it up on the tapes constantly. It just makes me smile.

2 Likes

Billy is officially playing major amphitheaters. Sign me the fuck up

2 Likes

5 Ohio dates and no wisco?

Still dumbfounded by his trajectory going from Otus Supply > Majestic > Filmore > Pine Knob in under 6 years is just absurd. Stoked for him and stoked that he’s finally making the jump to bigger venues which = easier tickets. Definitely ITV for Indy x2 > Cleveland x2 > Pine knob.

Assuming Indy will be at The Lawn (or whether it’s called now) and Cleveland might be at Blossom?

1 Like

I saw him at Tipitina’s in 2020 and now will see him at the UNO Lakefront in 2022. That’s an increase of nearly 10,000 in less than 3 years. So wild.

2 Likes

1/25/19: Bottom Lounge, Capacity 700

11/6/21: Aragon Ballroom, Capacity 5,000

6/17/23: Northerly Island?, Capacity 30,000

2 Likes

Did they actually sell the full lawn for him?

Edit: wait this must be a typo and you mean 2023. I was so confused.

1 Like

Where are you guys seeing they are playing big sheds? Id guess Northerly would be w/o lawn, so like 10k. Doubt he goes from STL Music Park > Hollywood, but who knows. Good for him.

It’s already sold out. Heard they sold 35,000

No idea. All speculation. Aragon sold out quick last winter though

What? They haven’t even had a presale yet.

you’ll never make it on 2023 Billy Tour with that attitude.

3 Likes

Pine knob is the only venue in clarkston so I’m assuming he’s playing the same run of venues phish/dead and co play on their summer Midwest runs