Big Man, Pig Man: The Pink Floyd Thread

I just thought those were the most interesting parts of the film :man_shrugging:

I love the part where he’s on the payphone and realizes she’s cheating as Empty Spaces slowly starts up…awesome moment.

2 Likes

I’m impressed they used “our” instead of “are”

3 Likes

Roger Waters would be pretty pissed

7 Likes

Had a drawing teacher once with a limited iPod: 30 assorted Tom Waits songs, and Brick in the Wall (pt.2).

And everytime Brick came on it he would exclaim, “This is a teacher’s anthem!”

Still one of the most informative classes I’ve ever taken.

1 Like

I still don’t think there’s a finer Floyd album than Animals.

4 Likes

Right there with you. Might be my favorite album of all time, by any band.

3 Likes

It’s probably the darkest album they made. DSOTM and Wish You Were Here are amazing but Animals hits all the check marks.

I have the hardest time ranking Animal, Wish You Were Here, and Dark Side. It’s one of the most impressive three album runs by any band.

3 Likes

Ive said this a zillion times, but animals is my favorite of all time. First vinyl I bought, went to a half price books in highschool and brought it home to my dads record player. Listened to it, got stoned, and read the lyrics while listening to it for the first time. Shit blew my mind and it’s one of a few pieces of art that’s altered how I view and live my life.

1 Like

Also Rogers tour got rescheduled for summer 2022. Pretty bummed but glad it’s not outright cancelled. Probably my biggest bummer of a show that got cancelled cause of Covid was that one. It was gonna be political as fuck right before the election and I was so hyped. Had doooooope seats

4 album run if you count Meddle.

5 Likes

I’d include The Wall as well.
Meddle through The Wall is such an amazing span of music but also an interesting account of the dissolution of one of the GOAT bands.

1 Like

I’m not that crazy about The Wall, to be honest. It’s not a a terrible album but its definitely the weakest of the bunch. The fact the making of The Wall coincides with the rock star egos tearing the band apart is duly noted.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you. My affinity for The Wall comes from nostalgia. It was my dad’s favorite and one of my first memories was him singing along to it with me.

Yeah The Wall is way too much Roger. He can’t sing for shit compared to Gilmour.

1 Like

Love The Wall. But agree with this 100%. I’d also agree that it’s the weakest of the four mentioned. What a great fucking band

The Wall was my first dip in the Pink Floyd pool. My babysitter played this all the time when The Wall had just come out. I didn’t listen to any other Pink Floyd until high school and then I discovered DSOTM and Wish You Were Here. I had Animals on ignore because one of my high school buddies said Animals sucked. I didn’t listen to Animals until I was 20. When I heard Animals I wanted to bitch-slap that guy for lying to me.

2 Likes

If I had to rank em, I’d probably go: Animals > DSOTM > Wish You Were Here > Meddle > The Wall

But Dark side and Wish might be interchangeable at 2/3 depending on my mood

2 Likes