Between the Buried and Me

i was high and thought that shit was so funny.

1 Like

I don’t dislike their later material but I just don’t listen to it enough. The Great Misdirect crushed live though. The place was pretty empty last night so I went right up to the rail Paul side and just went hard as fuck.

Y’all care about setlist spoilers in here?

Between the buried and Brie is much better IMO imageimage

Would both.

3 Likes

Also Tommy’s voice is fucking ridiculous. He goes from hitting Mars Volta like high notes to ridiculously good sounding screams but can still do the low, growling old material shit. He has to be one of the most versatile vocalists in the scene

Yeah I remember reading that a couple years ago. They said how no one knows that material because most people got into them after Alaska and Colors. I definitely witnessed that first hand last night. They played More of Myself to Kill > Mordecai > Reaction and me and my buddies were losing our shit. Just belting out the last few lines of Mordecai and I’m looking around and only a handful of people are getting down. But when they played something off Coma Ecliptic people were going nuts.

1 Like

I’ll probably check the set list before I go but let me strive for some semblance of self control

Definitely. Feel like this has been a more recent improvement too.

I’m actually not the biggest fan of their old stuff. Tends to be too mathy and death metal (vox) for my taste

1 Like

I
Am
Moist

2 Likes

Was pretty lit that they did Reaction in full. Did not expect that

I remember hearing that one when I first listened to Silent Circus and I was like … that song was uhhh … pretty gay. But it makes so much more sense now after a decade of listening to that album.

1 Like

Definitely was some foreshadowing of what was to come on the later albums. I was always into the sadboi shit they would throw into their earlier stuff, especially the bridge in Mordecai

I have already looked at the setlist, it looks amazing.

I am definitely one of those people that got into them when TGM came out, and aren’t too familiar with the material before Colors. TGM will always be one of my favorite albums from a nostalgia standpoint. I will never forget the first time I listened to it. I was at my (late) best friend’s house, playing Amped 2, blasting the album. We ended up listening to it 3 times in a row, and thus my fandom began.

I am so stoked to see it live all the way through at the Denver show.

I did listen to Alaska a bunch when the remaster came out, but have only listened to the first 2 albums maybe once each (sans Mordecai). Maybe it’s time for me to revisit those.

2 Likes

I’m not super sure id call it sad boy shit really but I get where you’re coming from. That bridge in mordecai will forever be etched in my brain.

I’ve played Around with getting a silent circus tat crossed with the Grateful Dead stealie. Replace the roses with the flowers from that album cover. If I wasn’t such a pussy I’d have it by now.

3 Likes

Obligatory.

2 Likes

Oh fuck off.

Ok.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe not sadboi musically but the bridge in More of Myself to Kill that repeats “‘my memory is the only thing keeping the old tears in my eyes” is pretty fucking sadboi

1 Like

I’ve actually been trying to construct a BTBAM tattoo as well. Most recent has been
Close one eye
Step to the side
On my inner biceps

1 Like

Agreed. I get pretty in my thoughts with backwards marathon when he’s singing “it’s raining” over and over.

Idk I’m a shit place in life right now so I’m glad this thread is popping off and is making me kinda deal with a bunch of feels. This band has been there for me time and time again and that’s weird it say about a metal band IMO.

1 Like

The homie ClayNation actually has the tSC on his chest/belly. One of my favorites.

1 Like

They were really the first band in the genre that I connected with when I was 14-15 years old. I actually went with a buddy of mine and his brother who were with me the last time I saw them in 2004. We don’t hang very much anymore so it was great to see them. One of our other buddies who passed away a few years back was with us in 04 and once they finished Mordecai > Reaction last night, he turned to me and was like, “You know Jeff was with us for that one.” Big time feels.

In 04 I took a stray fist to the eye during the Walls of Jericho set and it knocked my contact lens out so I had to watch BTBAM squinting with one eye. Still fucking crushed.

1 Like