Between the Buried and Me

Also this needs to happen ASAP

3 Likes

It would be so weird to see that shit happen. I’ve seen IG posts about BIlly Strings and them getting together. Fucking wild.

Thats a great memory to have with them TBH. Im pretty sure I saw them that same year or maybe it was 2002/03 and they played with Into the Moat, Cephalic Carnage and Black Dahlia Murder. Went for Black Dahlia and got kicked out after their second song (they came out in all Tommy Bahama swag and had beach balls and shit. So good) but i took away that BTBAM was the most talented act on that stage.

1 Like

HAAAAAA 
 thats a real blast from the past. That chick can get it. Same with the lead singer from Light This City. WOULD

1 Like

Love this band so much. Though, I’ll admit that I didn’t get into them until Parallax II. I wasn’t a big fan of the early 2000s hardcore bands and, while I knew of BTBAM, I just lumped them in with those in my head. I heard about Alaska and Colors but I didn’t listen. It wasn’t until a friend of mine who is real into prog got angry at me for never really listening to them. So I bought Parallax II and was blown away. I still don’t know pre-Colors albums well but I’ve been following everything after very closely. They are so consistently good and every member is such a beast at what they do.

I know it’s blasphemy because everyone knows Colors is GOAT but Black Box > Telos > Bloom > Melting City is GOAT for me.

I’m not holding out hope but god damn would that be fun

1 Like

I’d love UM / BTBAM but yeah, it would be weird. The Leprous, Dear Hunter, BTBAM show was one of the strangest shows I’ve seen, flow wise.

1 Like

What BTBAM member would you want to see sit in with UM? For me, either Dan or Paul.
Probably a dumb thing to think about because BTBAM is so composed and calculated.

1 Like

Blake, Andy and Kris would be fucking amazing TBH. Im all about the percs.

2 Likes

I wanna see Blake and Kris in a drum battle.

1 Like

I thnk Kris would win but you never know. Blake is a madman. I watched on of his lesson streams during lockdown and that dude is incredible. The way all of them are so cohesive while writing music is beyond me.

2 Likes

Yeah dude she was absolutely insane. Got to chat with her after the set for a few minutes. I probably sounded like an idiot but she’s a fucking badass. The lineup for that show was early 2000’s as fuck. BTBAM, Beloved, Glass Casket, Walls of Jericho and a couple local bands.

Last night reinvigorated my need to see metal live. I’d probably be going to see Lorna Shore tonight at the same place but I got an early flight to Milwaukee tomorrow.

2 Likes

It definitely would be weird but there is a ton of crossover with the proggier and slower stuff BTBAM does. It would scare off the crunchy wooks and probably guarantee a Wizard opener.

1 Like

Def Paul

1 Like

Im all about this as well. One of my buddies is the lead guitarist of Vale Of Pnath (check em out
 they RIP IT) and he’s coming to ATX at the end of the year w/ Abigail Williams and Im super pumped to go. Last metal show I went to was Acacia Strain, and while it was super fun
 I went with a coworker who is fucking lame as shit (we dont talk anymore) and I was also at the end of pretty long bender so I was in a weird spot ( I was also on molly the whole time)

1 Like

I would love to see them again. Probably haven’t since like 03-04 but they’re from the town next to mine. I actually jammed with their old drummer who played on their first two albums. He fucking hates those albums and wasn’t too happy when I brought up how much I love them.

It was deff a throw back but being there really reminded me of how shitty and simple that type of music was. I guess thats why BTBAM really took a hold of me
 Super complex and very well thought out.

Thanks for this today. I needed this more than you know homie.

3 Likes

For sure brother hope things turn around for you. Felt great to blow up this thread on a shitty jam band forum. Sounds like a BortTBAM show should happen in the future

2 Likes

Happy Colors II Day!

What are everyone thoughts? Working through it now. The mix is fucking awesome imo

2 Likes

I listened to it once last night, and now on my second listen. There is a lot to unpack with this album, there is so much going on. But my initial thoughts are that it is amazing. I don’t know where I can rank it yet with my favorites (Parallax II, TGM, Colors), but it is definitely up there.

You are right about the mix, every instrument is crystal clear and it sounds incredible.

There are just so many heavy riffs on this album that give me the stank face, I fuckin love it.

Last night I thought that Double Helix and Never Seen were my favorite songs on the album. I also remember liking Monochrome>Never Seen more than Stare Into The Abyss>Turbulent. The first half of the album seemed heavier. And then Human is Hell was a fantastic end to the album. But I am excited to listen to this album all weekend and see what I think after many listens.

1 Like