Ben Factor

Even the “good” rec weed is overhandled and usually undercured or old. I forgot how much better homegrown is until I started smoking it again.

2 Likes

Lights are better than Waful era…

2 Likes

I love how this has partly turned into a waful basing thread. Rightfully so, Ben seems like a way cooler person and is actually appreciative of his fans and the position he has with the band.

4 Likes

my first ben show was over the weekend, and i noticed a difference and really enjoyed it overall.

but to be honest i hate the itunes visualizer backdrop. @jolson and i joked they should have the UM logo bounce around the screen so the crowd can go apeshit when it hits a corner.

6 Likes

When I saw him he didn’t have that. Was it the venue’s or are they touring with it now. Haven’t custied for any streams lately

He had it in ATL. I liked it at times.

1 Like

It’s not like they used it the whole show either, maybe 2-3 songs per set. I’m cool with it if it’s used sparingly.

I don’t mind the screen, I feel like it was used like 4 times throughout the show. It added at times, and never felt like a crutch

There was no screen at New Haven. Pretty sure he was just taking advantage of the venue

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s the promoters for the Drive Inn’s, that’s why it wasn’t in New Haven.

1 Like

Bring back Budney

3 Likes

I thought his lights were good in New Haven. Honestly I had kind of forgotten they even had somebody new on lights, which is probably a good thing. All the stuff he did fit pretty well with the music. Not many “holy shit” moments, but that’s totally cool with me. I like the lights complimenting the music. Waful, especially earlier in his UM tenure, would often wow me but became less impactful after years of him running lights and getting intimately familiar with his cool little tricks and whatnot. Nice to have some fresh blood and I imagine Factor will only continue to grow and get better, he’s had very limited UM show experience still considering the pandemic shut stuff down pretty early on in his time as LD

Saw on Twitter some guys throwing shade at some of the screen visuals but thought Ben handled it well. He really seems like a great dude

9 Likes

Imagine complaining about a dope light show, when 95% of it didn’t use the screen.

Also that’s a hilarious Twitter handle!

6 Likes

That tweet alone shows how much more of a versatile and chill human he is compared to waful. He showed more restraint and respect in those two sentences than waful did in over a decade with um.

8 Likes

I liked the screen at times. Thought Ben did great this weekend

I’ve seen Ben a few times now. He’s been great every time fwiw. I used to have to wear sunglasses at UM…

Yea. Waful could be overkill and over the top a lot of the time. I really enjoy ben’s toned back approach. Waful used way too many strobes. Fuck strobes

I remember walking out of the last indoor shows I saw thinking that Ben used strobes more than waful

He was using some bar lights that strobed at Knox '19. They were balcony eye level and it was obnoxious.

Other than that, and as a whole, I think his style is wayyyy more subtle and less frantic than Waful.

2 Likes