Asking for a friend

Good thing you didn’t. You’d be in jail right now.

3 Likes

Escape goat debut last night clocked in at 21:58. Gonna give it a spin now.

9 Likes

Pretty solid debut. Nothing ground breaking but great to see them let it stretch out a bit right out of the gate

Yep very type 1 jam, but still fun. Vocals were a little cringe at first.

3 Likes

I fucking love this song now

1 Like

We listened to the album for a 2nd time on a drive to Madison yesterday. Gotta say, I actually enjoyed it more. I feel like it really is a pretty solid offering as far as this era of UM. I truly don’t completely dislike any of the tracks, and a couple of them are pretty solid. It def is very BB heavy & would’ve benefitted from a bit more variety, but there’s no doubt that a few of those tracks will quickly become staples in their live show repertoire. On that 2nd listen, I could really feel how some of them would fit the live setting. Again, don’t understand any of the hate, and can even ~sorta~ see how some fans, especially those who are ‘newer’ could be a bit swept up by this one…

Have not checked out any of the recent shows w/the live versions of these tunes yet.

2 Likes

7/15/22 isn’t a SOTY contender or anything, but as far as a really fun show to listen to that also helps answer (in a positive way) the question of what this next era of UM will sound like with some of the new songs in rotation, I highly recommend it.

It’s also a noteworthy show in that they played a version of Roctopus that I didn’t even hate.

2 Likes

I would hate a rocktapus>I’m on fire combo

2 Likes

I actually really enjoyed it

Me too, but somehow they managed to also do a jam after I’m On Fire that made the whole thing worth it.

I went in completely ready to hate it, but as @kev347 said the I’m On Fire part was followed by some actual improv that somehow made this goddamn tentacle-y butt-rock mess of a song make sense for a second.

1 Like

Video for New Wings comes out at 8pm CT. Why not just release it? The recurring manufactured hype with this album is weird to me. Do people really wait with anticipation for music videos anymore?

3 Likes

I’ve been seeing a lot of bands scheduling air times in advance these days for music videos, rebroadcasts of streams, etc. Usually 8pm on a weekday night.

Come on bro, just pre-save it

Yeah it’s a “watch together” event. I haven’t seen other bands do this. Streaming a show or doing the one-time event like A24 does makes sense. But I got an email about this and was going to go spend the 4 minutes to watch it. Now I’m probably going to forget about it by this evening.

I don’t care one way or the other, I just don’t get it

1 Like

That’s past the bed time of most eastern time dad-rock fans.

lol, didn’t even realize that the original email said August 8th.

Anyway, watched it. Meh. Somehow lots of pictures of the band and then KB tossed into those collages. Mainly just lyrics over random pics during the pandemic. 68 people watched it live.

1 Like

Just watched it too. Felt much more like a photo collage then a music video. Wasn’t bad but I’ll probably never watch it again.

1 Like

Are music videos a thing still? Asking for an UM…

2 Likes