Asking for a friend

I love that my “wife” keeps telling me there’s new biscuits songs out, when she’s been listening to them for months.

3 Likes

Congratulations

2 Likes

I love that my “wife” keeps telling me to turn off jambands whenever I put them on, as she’s been listening to them for never.

4 Likes

Yo is that young lady in VFJ talking about shamanic journeying okay? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

She discovered she is a cousin of Brendan. Through her shamanic journey.

Very clearly not. She goes on some weird rant about how a program hacked her phone to send “crazy messages” that aren’t her to her friends, but then she’s just talking about a bunch of crazy stuff, so

Hey guys. So I recently finished going through a spiritual “Shamanic Initiation Experience” that made it feel like I was living in a psychedelic horror movie. At the end of it all, a LOT of information psychically came to me. It was the most terrifying four months of my entire life. One of those pieces of information? Well… it’s that Bayliss is my cousin. Of the blood variety.

It all started with a dream in which I was told to “follow the birds” through a “Spiritual Awakening” - I was a yoga teacher before it occurred.

I’m not sure if anyone saw my post a few days ago that I took down embarrassingly about having psychically saved my own life from getting raped for the ninth time, but I’ll be posting that again (and more) over time. There are more important matters to address first, however.

I need your help. There’s been a virus on my phone that sent texts to my best friends Jenny Reck and Kevin McKissick that were not my own words and MANY more were sent than I did ACTUALLY send. I met Kev at Founders Fest 2017 in Grand Rapids and had met Jenny only once previously. I fell in love with them at that show and for then on, but now that the virus in my phone has made me seem like a crazy lunatic, they’re not talking to me right now. I feel like I’ve lost my family. Umphrey’s love isn’t something I can compare to even my blood family.

Here’s an analogy for you: Cinninger to Bayliss is like Kevin McKissick to me. And, Jenny? She’s got a voice that makes me feel home even more than rubbing on my Black Obsidian crystal would. Kev’s guitar fiddlin’s on iG make me weak in the knees. He’s not on Facebook. I’d love for him and Jenny to finish this song with me.

I’ve changed the first line from “I was a Little Bird” to “I was a humminbird” because “I was a LIttle Bird” is the first line of a Priscilla Ahn song that I really like. It’s called “Dream”. My dream? It’s to have my best friends back. If you know either of them… please let them know that I love them.

I was a humminbird

But I went away to see the herd

There are flowers surroundin’ two smilin’ lover does

Find peace, Little Meadowlarks

Write your words before the flame burns out

Look up gently for serendipity

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Aah, aah, aah

Family Tree

He’ll breathe with gravity

and take heed to run for me

Purple seas reveal my heady imagery

Red sunset third eye glaze

Green mangos for my kapha crave

Shadows came to cut the pretty lake

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Aah, aah, aah

Family Tree

Black love notes, Grandpa’s grave

chains break so I can embrace

My true name before the biggest flame

Mirrored caves…

(To Be Continued. My biggest wish in this lifetime is for Jenny Reck to help finish writing this and to sing it with me. She has the most beautiful, powerful singing voice I ever did hear.)

1 Like

:frowning: I wanted to laugh at first but now I’m sad thinking about it.

1 Like

that’s only 1 of 3 posts in the last hour too

yeah same kinda

I guess I missed the others. I feel bad for her. She said she was raped eight times. That is fucked up. Wasn’t trying to make fun of her with the post was just sharing for others not on the Book.

1 Like

I haven’t read completely through a single of her posts. Definitely didn’t see the part about rape. Hope she gets better. I’m just a proctologist, so I can’t diagnose mental health stuff, but I have some general guesses.

1 Like

She’s reminding me of me in 2017.

When I saw her first post last week I looked at her profile and she had posts indicating she was previously under psychiatric care.

One time you were talking about meeting my bandmate (Pick) at an UM show and you said something about how you “passed him the chillum when the Tribute teases started” and idk why but that still makes me laugh so hard

3 Likes

Glad you are doing better!

1 Like

I think that was MDean not Pick. I met Pick originally at Holidaze in 2008 and last saw him in the lobby of the hotel we both stayed at in Maine in 2016. I can’t remember the last time I crossed paths with MDean…if he was at your Mister F show in Albany after Umphrey’s in 2017 that might have been it. Met him at the Sheraton in Detroit in 2008. Both those dudes inspired me to see a lot of shows. I almost skipped my Radiohead routed Eurotrip in 2008 so I could get my stats up that summer on STUM tour. I think they both saw Umphrey’s like 45+ times that year and I was chilling at 34 like some pleb. I was going to do the whole STUM tour instead of going to Europe for two months. Silly me. Glad I stuck with the OG plan.

And that chillum passing took place during this GYM(RH) from Knoxville 2008…

November 18, 2008 Umphrey’s McGeeBijou TheatreKnoxville, TN, USA

Set 1: Andy’s Last Beer, Water, Bridgeless > Passing, Last Man Swerving > Bridgeless

Set 2: Got Your Milk (Right Here)[1]-> Tribute to the Spinal Shaft[2]-> Sociable Jimmy, The Fussy Dutchman, 13 Days, Mulche’s Odyssey

Encore: Power of Soul

Footnotes:
[1] with Breathe (Pink Floyd) and Tribute to the Spinal Shaft teases
[2] with Sociable Jimmy teases

1 Like

My bad. Nah Mike Dean had already moved down south by 2017 and wasn’t very involved with Mister F after I joined the band

1 Like

Nice. One time @gatroe asked me to pass my spliff to him but I turned him down

3 Likes