Are your chakras aligned? - The STS9 thread

Friday night red rocks this year was the real deal too. Not quite redbarn level but super premium top shelf nonetheless.

The common thread is @dream_focused . any time I see tribe with her they bring the heat. Otherwise its standard good or whatever

Pretty sure @jachapman saw over 100 tribe shows between 04 and 08. He should drop knowledge in here

Sheā€™s why I started thinking about Tribe again. Theyā€™ve been way off my radar for years.

Now Iā€™m ready to see them again. Would love for them to play St Augustine.

1 Like

Just locked in for 12/31 and 1/1 in Atlanta. Excited to check out the new venue and havenā€™t seen tribe since 2018!! Pretty stoked and my buddies are excited

2 Likes

Itā€™s highly unlikely Iā€™ll make it to any NYE runs this year (much like every year) but if I do, itā€™ll probably be tribe.

1 Like

King Pharoahā€™s Tomb is trash.

I listened to all of these in the past week or two.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.09.56 AM

Thatā€™s all of the 1998-2000 recordings available on Bandcamp.

My memory of 2006 mustā€™ve been through rose colored lensesā€¦ Because, even though the shows I saw then were pretty good, I think the bandā€™s trajectory was already off course and heading toward Peaceblaster. The jamming was less liquid-y and patient. The 2021 shows are better, imo, than those 2006 ones.

2000 is great. I hadnā€™t heard any since I first dabbled in STS9. At that time 2000 was still recent. These opinions are being formed without having heard any 2001-2005 in a very, very long time. My perspective could change if I keep listening, but I think Iā€™m going to need a break soon.

Alsoā€¦

RRX 2006 > Chicago 2006 was the high water mark. I wonā€™t be accepting rebuttals.

They are slapping again. It rules.

@stringz Not much knowledge to drop. Do you know what happens to your brain when you see Tribe that much?

3 Likes

Sounds fun!

10/8/21 + 10/9/21 weā€™re just added to Nugs. Excited to dig in

New tribe show on Nugs. Just threw it on to power through the rest of the workday

1 Like

Vibes brah.

1 Like

Chakras are so fucking aligned rn. Makes me wanna do the early June Eastern run so bad

1 Like

Asheville chakra alignment. Looks pretty sweet

STS9 is mids fr fr no cap

3 Likes

gtfo

4 Likes

jams just build and never peak.

this is an UM board. all jams should peak early and often.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be there. As far as drippy wook bass goes, I enjoy Daily Bread as well.

2 Likes

Daily Bread was at Resonate. I couldnā€™t get far enough away from it.

2 Likes

Yup