All Things Electronic Music! (House, Techno, DnB)

This shit right here.

This is walking distance from my house :sunglasses:

1 Like

Pretty meh on this lineup. Last year had Chris Lake, Tchami, Le Youth, Jerro, Wax Motif.

I dig Gorgon City, Eli & Fur, Kream and Simon Doty but gets a little too poppy for my tastes. Smoakland and Ravenscoon are brostep guilty pleasures. Regardless, itā€™s a well run festival and always fun

Akarsh is a promoter in ATL. He throws some decent parties called Desires. He doesnā€™t book headliners I care much about, but Iā€™ve always had a good time. Good vibes, at least. I like some of what he plays during his sets, I guess.

Gorgon City and Sonny Fedora are the only other names I recognize, and I donā€™t know what they play.

1 Like

The Meru Amphitheater is really well designed and has a good vibe for lack of a better term. Saw Gorgon City in 2015 and dug it but have heard itā€™s a pretty repetitive set these days.

Spending 12 hours at that stage for $120ish bucks over two days is worth it. Thereā€™ll always be good and bad sets so I wonā€™t complain

Hereā€™s a pic of it

2 Likes

The ā€œwifeā€ would be all over this. She took me to Hayden James solo show here and it was fun, but itā€™s not my cup of tea. Like you said, too poppy (and tech-housey) for me to want to see a whole weekend of it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve listened to this three (3) times.

Tossed this on a cd for the car and are about 20 mins in. The whole Keinemusik group are super talented ā€¦ &Me, Rampa, Adam Port. Good stuff.

1 Like

It took me a year to realize there is a club that does house DJs multiple times per week a block from my house.

2 Likes

I listened to this Hayden James set yesterday to familiarize and itā€™s definitely mainly tech and pop house. But found myself digging some of it. Will make for a fine festival set but youā€™re spot on

1 Like

Yah I wouldnā€™t hate it at a festival but thatā€™s pretty much the only way Iā€™d tolerate his stuff.

Might go see someone named Traumer this Saturday.

One new Kosi track will be released every Friday until my demands are met.

1 Like

Went through a huge tale of us/afterlife phase a couple years back and while theyā€™re super talented producersā€¦ I feel like theyā€™re so one dimensional and it just got boring after a while.

I came across them through their ambient album Endless, which I love. Then I enjoyed this mix, but I donā€™t know them well.

Some some people raving about this Luke the Knife downtempo set in a Lotus Facebook group so taking it for a spin. If anyone is feeling those Lotus vibes, feel free to join.

2 Likes

Some stuff Iā€™ve been digging

1 Like

2 Likes