All Things 2011

This :fire:

1 Like

Just getting around to listening to more of the 2011 stuff. How have I never heard 1/27/11? Shit is absolute fire.

2 Likes

2nd best show of 2011

1 Like

FTFY

1 Like

I have tried many times and I can not honestly decide which is better (1/27 vs 11/2).

this 1/27 show is sounding pretty, pretty good. thanks for the rec!

I don’t think there’s an answer. 1/27 is more “jambandy” and 11/2 is heavier and more proggy . Probably comes down to preference. Both shows are insane.

1/27 second set is probably my all time favorite set of UM. That’s why it gets my vote.

1/27/11 > 11/2/11 every day

But 11/2 is 2nd

1 Like

Opsop 1/27/11 remaster

2 Likes

Updated link with entire thread’s recs except 7/9 jajunk. Time stamps don’t seem to imply a good jam so I’m gonna listen and see if the jam is tacked into another track on nugs.

1 Like

Very unique format to the jam placement here. Direct into start of Booth Love where the jam normally is, then return to the song for 40 seconds after finishing ITK and go into a jam. I love when the band does weird shit like that.

That 7/9 show is really good for a 1 setter. The jams in Kitchen and Nemo are top notch and it was the first time I had ever heard Susannah. The Booth is pretty cool too

Overall a supreme 70 minutes at a very weird, but cool music festival

This Tribute from 9/8 is pretty dope.

2 Likes

really enjoying this show, nice selection

That Red Tape was the business. Not suprising in the year of the RTs

1 Like

As I’m watching this, I’m reminded that it is the year of the Red Tap

Top 5 Red Tapes from 2011:

2/3 Lexington, KY
3/12 San Fransisco
5/27 Chillicothe, IL
7/3 Morrison, CO
9/8 Brooklyn, NY

Next best 5:

2/10 Aspen, CO
2/17 Asheville, NC
4/22 Dallas, TX
6/24 Louisville, KY
9/21 Pittsburgh, PA

Crazy how many good ones…

3 Likes

Obligatory check in to say that when I read this thread I remember just how fucking hawt 2011 really was. What in the world was happening at the time that inspired such ferocious playing, such creative improv from the boys?

I still consider myself lucky to have been at 1/27/11, one of the greatest in history. When you look at the Outstanding Versions thread, there’s like 6 songs from this one show on it lol. And they’re all deserving. The end of that Reso is still one of my all time favorite UM moments. Not only is the GA sick, the ending drum solo is easily among the best I’ve heard in that song.

Well said. Both shows (moreso 11/2, as 1/27’s set 1, while being my favorite, has more clear demarcations if that makes sense) have such long exploratory jams that I “get lost” in them. LMS and AiT are perfect examples.

bump for the playlist. so melty. seems like a lot more dance jams than in later years?

My list in the playlist post isn’t updated, but the playlist is. Outside of the past few posts at least. There were a lot of jams that involved fancy aspects but really the theme of 2011 was 3 part jams, so usually at least one part of a jam involved adancy section.

yeah man, had to update via my phone for some reason but finally got the full list. I appreciate everything that nugs does and I’m a jerk to complain, but Sonos is so much more important to me than my phone.

1 Like