All Things 2011

Den is pretty old hat at this point but man if you listen to its debut in that bright lights I really don’t know if they ever did it better than that first time. it just lifts off at one point and it is glorious. They just seemed to drive things with so much more focus and all-together determination that year. Red Tape from S’Camp is another great example. Towards the end they could feel the peak coming (Pony MVP just fuckin laying those grooves down so thick) but they pushed and pushed and when they finally release it is so powerful.

5 Likes

Hnggg 7/1 tribute. The more I listen to 2011 the less I blame myself for not being as interested in current day UM. This shit just hits in a diff way.

The outro/transition into Synco is something else…it’s just a very pretty piece of music and very opposite of how they normally transition

7/8/11 Billie Jean! I don’t think I have ever heard this put what a peak!

not to hijack the thread, but all week I’ve been digging that nugs 2011 playlist in the OP. Are there any other yearly best-of compilation playlists floating out there?

not that I know of, but I was thinking about doing other years just the other day. Stay tuned.

3 Likes
1 Like

Listened to this one the other day. This shit is fire.