All the Years Combined - random, spontaneous GD thoughts

It also sucks the way it’s played out but when you look at drummers, bass, guitar and keyboard players the first to usually slow down IMO will be the guitarist. Drummers can use technicality to fill in space, bass players can still slide the fretboard and provide an upbeat rhythm, keyboardists can do both of the latter but it’s much harder for to rip through shit.

Wolf Bros rips because it’s two people following Bob. He can do great stuff when nobody is forcing the pace, but that’s not what you want from a stadium show with a six piece band.

1 Like

I have been confused by the discussion because the date in the post says 2022. Damnit Magner.

2 Likes

Stoked for this upcoming box set of 5 previously unreleased shows from spring ‘73. Wild stuff to drop that much material after 50 years. Kinda crazy IMHO, with such a passionate fanbase obsessed with live concert recordings, for 5 shows to have been sitting somewhere for that many years. What a f’n treasure to drop on the die hard fans. 1973 is the shit.

7 Likes

Have any of these shows been hyped over the years?

I’ve always heard about 6/10/73 as being an unbelievably good show

1 Like

Is that the 3 set show w/ ABB?

it’s the show where Dickey comes out for the third set. not too sure if anybody else joins in

1 Like

Pretty sure Merl Saunders too. Yeah, great show

1 Like

4 Likes

Rolled through both shows on Dick’s Picks 28 today. 73 was a great year.

4 Likes

shamefully stolen from gd circlejerk

4 Likes

Billy & the Kids from NOLA is a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Need a mini tour (NE)! Wonder if they could sell well at a place like Merriweather or Camden. Pier six or Mann probably too small.

So what’s the deal getting in and out of wrigley field. We’re gonna be cutting it close timing wise coming from Madison after work and I’m worried about chicago rush hour

There’s a massive construction project going down north of the city on I-94. Commute times are doubled.

Luckily should be able to take 90 most of the way in, so hoping that will help.

As long as they save the dark star for set 2, I’ll be fine lol

2 Likes

It’ll be real slow from Harlem into Addison but it’s not the longest stretch. I think you’ll definitely have less of a backup coming from 90

1 Like

Yup

6 Likes