All the Years Combined - random, spontaneous GD thoughts

The last song I heard Jerry sing…
“Strike another match, go start anew…”

Baby Blue

Stay Grateful, My Friends

(final edit: Thanks friends. link now works.)

@Stringz helped us through this problem in another thread today. [Link name] (Link URL)

^without the space between.

1 Like

All that can be found in the markdown cheat sheet

Also pro tip if you surround your text with tick marks ` it will turn it in to literal text that won’t change on the page

Example:

### with ticks

without ticks

1 Like

No one reads the rules.

Ya they just fucking @ me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used to be almost competent 20+ years ago when it came to writing basic html and creating web pages. But the technology advanced so quickly, I just couldn’t keep up w/ the learning curve. Appreciate the assistance.

Markdown is just diet HTML. You can write markdown in here

1 Like

Every night while getting my eldest ready for bed, I play Strange Design (Phish) and Ripple (GD). When I only have time to play one I ask him what he wants, he pretty much always asks for Ripple. It hurts me as a Phishhead but I get it, that song is amazing.

1 Like

I have been getting really into Loser. Love that song.

1 Like

30+ mins Scarlet > FotM to start the second set. :boom:

Yeah I love that song

I love the “come to daddy on an inside straight, I’ve got no chance of losing this time”

When actually he will almost certainly lose based on the mathematic probability

Great use of irony as a literary tool to solidify the concept of the unreliable (and deeply flawed) narrator

turns out you can write HTML in here too

@BDJ

i always liked this camper van beethoven cover of loser: https://archive.org/details/cvb1989-09-14.flac16/cvb1989-09-14t09.flac

This is another example of how much cards play into their lyrical writing. I love the line “you can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shines”

Any best of reccs you can think of? I’ve really dug the Dave’s vol. 9 version.

Today (now technically yesterday in this time zone) in Grateful Dead history, a real rocker from the Brent era, from Hershey, PA is 06/28/1985. My Dad was in attendance for this one. I’m told the fence was crashed, the little town of Hershey had NO IDEA what they were bringing in with a Dead show in town. Rained the whole show, which obviously ties into the opening Cold, Rain & Snow opener. He also mentioned that it was a beautiful show, and I have to agree.

Setlist:

Set 1:
Cold Rain & Snow
Promised Land,
Ramble On Rose,
Down In The Bottom,
I Ain’t Superstitous
Bird Song
Comes A Time
Deal

Set 2:
Music Never Stopped
Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues,
Estimated Prophet
Terrapin Station
Drums
I Need A Miracle
Morning Dew
Throwing Stones
Not Fade Away,

E:
Day Job

YT of the SBD:

Last week I got derailed by biscuits hype train, but I’m back on my Dead grind this week.

I know everyone was up all night worried about it

1 Like

This is the niche of the niche: a podcast about Deadhead deaths/disappearances.

jambands.com

on this day 1978
Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic

Bertha ->
Good Lovin’
Tennessee Jed
Jack Straw
Friend Of The Devil
Me And My Uncle ->
Big River
Terrapin Station ->
Playing In The Band ->
Drums ->
Space ->
Estimated Prophet ->
The Other One ->
Wharf Rat ->
Around And Around

Encore
Johnny B. Goode

It was HOT AS FUCK. Jerry remembers (1st 3 min) … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SafPFpDNvpw

I remember waiting forever for the Dead to finally start playing - they were over an hour late, and during that time the crowd on the field slowly converged on our sweet, blanket-claimed patch of prime space, and the heat and the whiskey took their toll on many a good ol boy, but we persevered and when at last the band played, they killed it. The blanket got trampled and puked on and abandoned, but the music kept calling and we kept following. Never had a tape of this one; it was probably 30 plus years later before I discovered the audience on the archive. Mediocre quality at best by today’s standards, but compared to the tapes traded at the time it’s pretty standard. Eventually the Betty Board showed up and was released as part of a boxed set of July 78 shows - I’m just not a collector of stuff so much these days. But it was a wild time with many to follow, and i suspect a few more yet to come.

Huge Loser fan here. If you haven’t heard 2/19/71 (Three from the Vault release) it’s a phenomenal show and has a great version of Loser.
@PEN1S_ISLAND

Hell yeah thanks homie!!