All the Years Combined - random, spontaneous GD thoughts

All of spring ‘90 is top tier dead. Possibly their best tour since spring ‘77 and definitely their last great tour as the Grateful Dead

1 Like

The saxophone is a nice addition.

Eyes of the world > Estimated Prophet > Dark Star > Drums > Space > Dark Star is really awesome

Send me your hetty recs @toomanypomas42 ?

2 Likes

Branford Marsalis is one of the best ever, love his straight ahead jazz.

Not sure of the exact date but check out the Hamilton, Ontario show. Really anything from that tour is gonna be absolute :fuelpump:. Spotify has a few different Spring ‘90 shows and compilations that you should check out.

4 Likes

Will do. Thanks!

1 Like

Two really solid 90s compilations. Should both be on Spotify. The Blow Away and Bird Song from the spring compilation are two of my faves.

2 Likes

Thanks boo!

1 Like

Happy Bday to the big guy…

6 Likes

Jerry hasn’t read any of your wellwishes, btw.

6 Likes

Spinning this burner. Highly recommend, not the same bread and butter you get from JGB. Opens with an organ driven fusion style jam

2 Likes

That one is soooo good.

2 Likes

It really is. It seems like the years that the Grateful Dead don’t get super hyped up are the years that JGB was at its best (71, 76, 78, 80). This show is so unique and pretty atypical of what you usually hear from JGB

2 Likes

LGB

Never thought of it this way. You’re right. Although 76 was the hiatus so that makes sense.

1 Like

76 is probably my favorite year of JGB, mostly because of the Travis Bean guitar

1 Like

God damn Pomas. Great Call. Havent heard this one in a while. Straight fucking heat. :fire:

1 Like

no. 76 had some absolute gasoline shows and was not a hiatus

8 Likes
  1. My bad.
2 Likes

I forgive you but could not let it go uncorrected

6 Likes

Who’s coming to madison with me

3 Likes

wow. Des Plaines? that’s gonna be fucken killer.