2024/3/16 - Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR

This is what I got. Mods touch it up. Good show imo. Better show I’ve seen in a bit.

UM PDX N2 2024

Nip trix >

Wife soup

Small strides (big type2)

New wings (type 2)

Ninja (type 2)

Booth love

Remind me (type 2)

10:27

Prowler >

1348 (type 2)

Reso (two type 2 no Norwegian wood, repeated stew 2nd jam) >

Day nurse

Fenced in (big type 2) >

BTL (type 1, no wait type 2)

11:38

Sociable (type 2ish)

4 Likes

No Linear and no 40’s.

4 Likes

Setlist looks a helluva lot more legit than night before lol. Prolly have to spin this one

1 Like

This after party with Jake is some next level shit.

7 Likes

Who else besides Jake?

Ninja and BtL are two songs worth the price of admission on their own imo.

6 Likes

Just Jake playing Sultan’s guitar in a back room somewhere

1 Like

UMPHREY’S MCGEE AFTER PARTY WITH WILLIE WALDMAN PROJECT FEATURING JAKE CINNINGER (UMPHREY’S MCGEE), NORWOOD FISHER (FISHBONE) & TONY AUSTIN (KAMASI WASHINGTON

1 Like

It was epic!

1 Like

Why are you yelling

9 Likes

How much type 2 was there tho???

2 Likes

Only big

2 Likes

One thing I appreciated about this run is getting improv in songs that I usually haven’t (Hourglass, BtL).

Late night was indeed very good.

1 Like

Whatever happened to this guy? Was only a year or two ago that every thread on this forum was about him.

an excellent show all around. crowd was into it, a good amount of improv, and great setlist. Was my first time hearing Small Strides and had a blast—super dancy and fun jam in there. def a show i’ll relisten to!

6 Likes

Finished listening and that was a great listen. Haven’t listened to everything this year, but that was the most complete show of the year by my ears.

5 Likes

Gotta say, big fan of these AFAF songs getting improv love. This New Wings, the 2/2 It’s Not Your Fault, 2/15 Always October. the Dayville Monarchies that got jammed last year, plus the new jam vehicles: Escape Goat, Pure Saturation, and Small Strides. Pretty cool, even IDKWIW getting love…

edit: forgot this Fenced In gets love too.

2 Likes

Muffburger Sandwich teases at around 9:30 and on in Resolution

1 Like

I’d like to see Dayville get more play

3 Likes

This BtL is cooking! Another version with a jam

3 Likes