2024/03/19 -Tree Fort Music Hall - Boise, ID

Set I: Educated Guess, Got Your Milk (Right Here)-> Always October > It Doesn’t Matter > Walletsworth, Night Nurse[1] > Nemo, Domino Theory

Set II: Escape Goat > Spires, Tribute To The Spinal Shaft > Miami Virtue, No Diablo, Ringo > Cut The Cable

E: Much Obliged > Glory

[1] - w/Karina Rykman on Bass

pulled from everything was a Twitter, just guessing on segues

1 Like

Thank God we didn’t get No Diablo in Seattle!

1 Like

That is a horrible looking Tuesday show

5 Likes

Setlist, Boise, Idaho

BB has wine poured for him. Show imminent

I: Educated Guess, Milk short jam>something’s in the way (new day?)->it doesn’t matter>turbo idm> swampy.bouncy back–>walletsworth. Night nurse w/ Karina rikman on bass for stasik, Nemo flubbed>domino short good jam. End

ii: pure saturation dance party spires, tribute short bounceback>spaceyness->Miami goodness-> no diablo. ringo(my name is mid tease. Standard?) 2 jam, bounceback way too short, cut the cable jam end show

E. Much obliged*->glory**

• tease or jam of aomething

** Kris and Jake only intro

7 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

Doesn’t look very Tuesday at all

4 Likes

Boise has gotten kinda rad. And Treefort is a great new venue at ~1000 capacity

Umphreys prob sold half to maybe 2/3rds for last night?

overall, C+

First set:
They went for four jams on an eight song, hour and three min set

IDM jam is most worthy and clocked in at ~7:30 mins. They did good on this one and resisted a ripcord Jake kinda probed halfway through

domino jam prob next most interesting/well executed (sub-4 min)

Night nurse with Karina Rykman sitting in and throwing down FAT dance beats

Milk has 4 min mediocre jam

Set 2:
7 songs, hour and thirteen mins

escape goat: dance jam of the night. Actual well executed untz. Maybe longest yam on night at ~8:40 in length

Tribute - highlight of night for me cuz tribute fucking rules. interestingish proggy jam but not nearly deep enough

Miami Virtue (4 min whatever jam)

No Diablo (wanted to KMS)

Ringo: first jam: slow, proggy. Slight tool vibes then ripcord to lame rock peak. Shorter than expected. Second jam: dropping funk out the gate. Lock into something interesting ~2:30 into this one. More patient and fairly good Jake solo peak. ~4:30 jamming for second slot.

Cut the Cable: one verse > four on floor dance jam but not nearly as good as the nurse/goat jams from earlier

Overall glad I cruised on over to Boise for the show. Great catching up with some old (and new) umphreaks

5 Likes

3 Likes

Is Karina goofy or something?

Edit- NN is pretty dope but Goat is great.

Every video I see of her playing reeks of a desperate ‘look at me’ attitude

Simply put

1 Like

Ah…gotcha. I’m a big Claypool fan, and have had my fair share of experiences seeing a bassist act goofy and demand a lot of attention on stage.

I prefer musicians who desire to never be seen nor heard

4 Likes

the song itself is of course a throwaway, but the > into Always October is super smooth.

1 Like

giphy-2548439639

8 Likes

You can always tell a Milford band

6 Likes

That was not my impression of her stage presence. She seemed reserved and humble. I enjoyed it, good song choice

3 Likes

I have listened back through most of this show. The setlist isn’t great, especially for a rare Tuesday show, and there aren’t a ton of lengthy jams.

That said, I thought the band was loose and having fun, and the show is standard great or better. iDM and Escape Goat are the ones worth checking out. Honorable mentions to the DT jam, a decent little bounce back in Tribute and a fun jam in CtC

This might be the best room I’ve ever seen this band in. It’s like the Hive and the Showbox had a beautiful baby.

I am adding this here because I am too new to make a new post

Setlist: how would you notate the 2md verse IDM?

IDM$

$ 2nd verse turbo

And what is this riff between MO and Glory?

Seugues (->) from Milk all the way to IDM. Then it goes EG → Spires > ttss → Miami → No Diablo. And MO → Glory

All 3 of those set 2 seugues were drawn out and spacey. Did someone dose the boys?

I thought the Hive was extremely cumbersome to move around in.

Wasn’t it? This place is what the Hive wished it could have been. Reentry here too was huge for running merch to my car. Sound wa top not and I’m sure loves Ben lighting it up

Hopefully they make this place a regular stop. And hopefully this place builds a new one not in Idaho cause fuck Idaho

4 Likes