2024/03/19 -Tree Fort Music Hall - Boise, ID

Good riddance to the Hive

2 Likes

its one thing to be a sit-in guest vs. a full time member.

i’ve only seen her perform with marco benevento, and she really moves and grooves and gets into it. i’d certainly be surprised if that was her approach during a sit-in

That setlist looks awful

2 Likes

Never catch a Tuesday show? :joy:

1 Like

Umphrey’s is best when neither seen nor heard.

5 Likes

What was wrong with The Hive? I didn’t see um there, but went there once when I was in Sandpoint years ago. Was pretty cool.

VIP section full of douchebags, floor full of douchebags, Jeff Grady always insisted on sitting in, incompetent check-in, oversold, etc.

3 Likes

Lol is this Jeff Grady?

I don’t think so, he was younger. I think trust fund.

I thought it was pretty convenient that security, the bathrooms, the main bar and the merch table were all within 15 feet in front of the entrance. All the options in the world if you could actually move an inch

Yeah i don’t remember hating it that much. It was better than most east coast venues of that size. It also wasn’t super full IIRC

what year did you go? in 2016 it was just an absolute clusterfuck, which may have had to do with it being the first time there.

The venue probably rocks at 2/3rds capacity.

Even with the so-so setlist, this is a good show. I think the IDM, Nurse, EG, Ringo and even CTC are all good versions.

1 Like

I saw Yak Attack in there with maybe 20 people. I think it was the very last show with the OG lineup. Security still hassled me about being in the VIP balcony. No one was up there

Can someone listen to the IDm 2nd verse and the tease in Much Obliged for.setlist purposes? Ty

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t think turbo IDM has been getting noted on ATU. Not sure what the MO jam is.

1 Like

take out the Jeff Grady part and you just described an umphreys show anywhere in the US

4 Likes

Thanks, has that been done before?

Turbo IDM yes

1 Like

Reading @matt’s review made me throw this show on nugs. After listening to the first set, I think I would have had a blast. Even if the setlist is not full of songs I would typically want to catch, the flow from GYMRH>Always October>IDM>Walletsworth is awesome. I’m a sucker for girl bass players so I would’ve enjoyed the Karina Rykman sit-in. Also, a cool little Get Up, Stand Up tease in Domino Theory to start off the jam that may not have been noted. I haven’t made it through the second set yet but Tribute’s appearance and MO in the encore slot would have sealed the deal for me.

2 Likes