2024/03/17 - Showbox Market - Seattle, WA

Set 1: There’s No Crying In Mexico (JO) > The Floor, Tinkles, It’s Not Your Fault, Linear > Suxity, Bridgeless > No Excuses (debut, Alice in Chains cover), WBG

Set 2: HBB, Staircases > 40s, Kitchen, Bad Friday > Bridgeless

Encore: Slacker

Pook got his WBG!

Source: I don’t have twitter; crowdsourced from attendees. Then eventually ATU for segues.

1 Like

The set opener was There’s No Crying in Mexico > The Floor, not 2x2.

1 Like

haha OK that explains the barrage of texts I just got from them after they texted me that.

I love that @Pookells is both texting me and posting corrections here at the same time.

2 Likes

WBG was fucking great! As was The Linear

2 Likes

The Linear and Seattle just make sense together, huh?

1 Like

Always does, Max. So glad to catch that again

1 Like

Waking up early tomorrow, going to bed. Can update tomorrow at some point.

What a show. I like that band. Wow

2 Likes

Surely there was no JO in the walkout song?

There wasn’t, and don’t call me Shirley :joy:

3 Likes

More or less a 5 song 2nd set… interested to hear!

1 Like

First set was really good. The Floor was standard-great. Tinkles had a laid back jam to it. The Linear, for me, was the best jam of the set. It seemed like they did the Sailing jam ala 7/3/2019, but I’m not completely sure on that. None of us were expecting the No Excuses cover, and they did a nice job on it. WBG was awesome as always, and I’m glad I finally caught it!

2nd set was great, too. HBB was a nice way to start the set, and it had a decent jam in there. I enjoyed Staircase - it was a fun listen and they jammed on this pretty decently, too. 40s was really good, also. ITK was really good - it had a nice little funk almost jazzy thing going. Catching Bad Friday was a nice treat as well and it was a good version. The segue into the end of Bridgeless was pretty good and a nice way to end the second set.

Slacker was pretty good - it had a laid back bluesy jazz style jam and made for a good encore.

Overall, I’d give the show a B+.

12 Likes

Had a good time here. Nice to finally meet @Pookells!
Made it home this morning in time to change clothes and make a quick bite before work.
I hurt.
Worth it.

8 Likes

Good to finally meet you, too!

1 Like

How did the lady enjoy the show? I’m assuming it was her first?

1 Like

It was her first and she hadn’t heard UM before. It wasn’t completely her jam, but she enjoyed The Linear, Staircase and Bad Friday. Not to mention the No Excuses cover. She’s a huge AIC fan

1 Like

Some solid track times here. Overall decent jamming but I think I like the slacker jam best which is weird because encores are usually pretty phoned in.

1 Like

Bayliss throwing in the man from Nantucket limerick in 40s

1 Like

Come Together jam in HBB 2

1 Like