2024/03/15 - Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR

Thought it was fun. Had and enjoyed the headphones. Have ‘em again tonight (absolute
must inside the muddy-ass Crystal). Bought a sweet t-shirt. Great there was no divider, wonder how the band swung that?? Ready for more tonight!!!

2 Likes

Pretty forgettable 1st set, Seasons is probably the only thing worth checking out. Kind of a Cars Trucks Buses vibe in Speak Up. Hopefully this 2nd set is better…

1 Like

by not selling enough tickets and having the staff:crowd ratio be at a point where they can monitor the alcohol consumption

1 Like

Highlight of the show for sure, and also the only segue of the show :grimacing:

1 Like

This was not a very exciting show

Pure Saturation is pretty good. 10 minute triple wides are shameful

3 Likes

jaya’s gonna hate!

2 Likes

Short No Excuses tease at the beginning of the pure saturation yam

1 Like

Definitely, nice pull

This show is so dull…and then Pure Saturation shows up in the 4th quarter to save the day. Dont sleep on it. Great textures from Bayliss and Jake, great key changes, and gets super intense and Robot World-y at the end. Dig it a lot. Nice drop into Hangover too. A shame the rest of the show was not up to this standard.

5 Likes

Just realized there are clear as day teases of this at 5:10 of Pure Saturation. I noticed Bayliss getting a real kick out of this when it kicked off the jam.

Since the cover was a debut just two days later, it’s probably more likely they already had the song read to go, but they could have also just learned it…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Congrats on getting that played for your 70th show.

Wrong thread too, brother.

1 Like

Son of a….

2 Likes

My haters get mad like son of a, I was just on SportsCenter like duh duh duh

2 Likes

giphy-downsized

2 Likes

Fun fact. Joel forgot the ATN jam in Plunger in 3/12/14

1 Like

That’s the power outage Plunger, right? Good point.

1 Like

Yessir

This Pure Saturation is excellent. Love the space of the first few minutes of the jam, some fantastic atmospheres explored. Great patience too. This song is the pound for pound the best jam vehicle they have going right now.

1 Like