2023 JOTY Discussion

Nothing from jamcruise seemed like it needed added. ITK was good, not great.

1 Like

1/29 Wappy is top 3 of the year, jam absolutely smokes. Even better than the 7/8/22 version that was fluffed quite a bit

4 Likes

That whole 2nd set was really good.

Figured there would be something from Sacramento to make this list based on tracktimes, but nothing got there.

Solid show, but Seasons only jam that stood out to me, and it was pretty mid for 2023. The Mrs Robinson’s Strutish blues jam in N2F was ok, but also not what you want there.

2 Likes

Agreed. Seasons probably the best of the show. Once they got it going, it ended a little short. If it was longer, maybe it is in contention. N2F set killer extraordinaire

1 Like

I really wish Tinkles would be taken more serious by the band. I’d love nothing more than a 2011 esque 17 min dance assault banger.

Recent versions always come out swinging but then instantly fizzle

8 Likes

I feel like they’ve botched the return in every tinkles I’ve seen in the past few years

3 Likes

Bc they’re ending it too soon!

4 Likes

Why won’t they give this song named for accidentally going pee-pee on a pillow the scholarly focus it deserves?

6 Likes

02/23 - BLBC deserves some consideration. Great way to open that second set.

Who has my h3tty nugs link for all these joty candidates?

1 Like

Try this: https://streamapi.nugs.net/playlist.aspx?plGUID=58d25cbde39b

2 Likes

Ive been updating it after every couple shows if i think something deserves to be added.

As @snuckaskitchen pointed out above, though, I will have to post a fresh link after each update.

I will try to remember to send a fresh link after each run.

Edit: UPDATED 02/27/23

Check out this playlist “2023 UM Highlights” I made on @nugsnet
https://2nu.gs/3kq47Jb

3 Likes

I love that Seasons. It’s on my personal JoTY list for sure. Just re-listened to it for the third time and it holds up. My only complaint is that they kinda crashed back into the song, but I loved the jam.

Thanks guys. Gonna go through it tonight!

Anaheim Junk real solid

2 Likes

BLBC too.

Vegas Mantis and 2x2.

1 Like

Anaheim AIT.

2 Likes

IIRC there was a pretty good Tinkles from First Ave a few years back. Still probably only 13-14 mins but I remember being pleasantly surprised.

8/14/21 is the date

3 Likes