2023 JOTY Discussion

Nice this playlist is better than the list on this thread. Well done

1 Like

I’ll probably update this thread in a month or two hehehe.

2 Likes

Just FYI, everytime you add a new song the old link becomes invalid.

2 Likes

Really? Good to know.

3 Likes

At least it used to. I had trouble with it when I had the dance jams playlist.

Around the 9 minute matk of the Wappy when they come back in super hard is what you fucking want out of a jam. Joel and Stasik at their best.

2 Likes

Those fills from Kris around 9:10 - 9:25 are killer as well.

When they are dropping jams as good as Wappy & Slacker at the end of the 2nd set on the 4th night of a run, sign the band is really playing well.

6 Likes

02/04 2X2.

1 Like
1 Like

This playlist is invalid. Nothing from 2/4. No 2x2 or Draconian.

3 Likes

My playlist is better. Maybe Joel is getting old.

4 Likes

And 2/4 felt like a Joel Contribution setlist. I wonder if he just forgot it was a 2 night run

1 Like

Finally updated the OP, sorry about the delay. What doesn’t belong on this list a month and change into the new year?

1.12 Got Your Milk (Right Here)
1.12 Small Strides
1.12 Ringo
1.13 IDKWIW
1.14 Silent Type
1.15 Draconian
1.19 Kabump
1.19 2x2
1.21 Escape Goat
1.26 Plunger
1.29 Mantis
2.4 Draconian
2.4 2x2

Seems like people didn’t think Ringo belonged from the first weekend of tour. Anything else we should omit? Looking for the consensus jams of the years peeps!

I don’t think 1.12 ringo or 1.13 IDKWIK belong on this list. I was there and they were good, but they don’t hold up compared to the recent 2x2 and Draconian and certainly not the 1.14 Silent Type.

2 Likes

Mantis should be 1.27

Cle Fir and Wappy over Fort Wayne Plunger

3 Likes

Updated again!

Dude. We’ve got to support our attendance bias, FW Plunger is dope! (The Tribute or the #5 were probably my highlight)

1 Like

Was like second row for that Plunger. Was ready to lift off into joty territory. Had my phone out and everything to record a video when they were building, and they literally looked at eachother and ripcorded into a fizzled out backend.

5 Likes

Id get rid of IDKWIW, Kabump, Ringo, 1st Draconian, and Plunger.

Depending on how tight/loose we want the list.