2023 JOTY Discussion

Have you heard 1/15 Draconian, only a 6-7 min jam but it sticks to one theme and rides it out very well and doesn’t force a peak.

Can you point me to 3 EGs in 2022 better than this?! I must have missed some bangers!

There may be better versions throughout the year, but IMO this is top 3 so far this year.

I think the short 2x2 jam is very solid, but the Kabump does absolutely nothing for me. Pretty disappointing actually given the track time. Brooklyn Bowl was pretty week in general. Imagine if they had just not played Snucka (I would have gotten an early start on post show after hearing the first note). This S2 had so much potential. Bring back big No Comments!

9/1/22 goat is my favorite
9/9/22 goat is a close second fav

To me those are both more enjoyable than the 1/21 goat

3 Likes

I’ll have to relisten. I remember the one EG from last year being really solid, but didn’t think there were other noteworthy versions.

Small Strides and Goat should be huge producers this year. Pumped!

1 Like

9/1 is really good. Driving dance that morphs into a really nice uplifting peak. Really good Seasons from that show too

2 Likes

The original Goat, at Stone Pony, was great for a debut.

5 Likes

It was. Pretty much every version they jammed last year had something to like. Very nice to have an immediate heavy hitter that lends itself to dance yams.

2 Likes

Yea, i liked it, but not something im going back to really.

aside from the 5 minute version that ended the encore at the Vic

5 Likes

Ft Wayne Plunger is JOTY for me

1/29 Wappy

2 Likes

It has a ton of potential, but they never send it over the top.

The only thing from this past week I’d add to the list is 1/27 Mantis.

1 Like

I think ya gotta put 1/29 Wappy in the discussion.

2 Likes

Mantis and Wappy both belong. I think Atmosfarag does, too, but could see it fading in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

1/29 Wappy slaps.

3 Likes

So good

2 Likes

Minny Draconian deserves to be on this list.

5 Likes

So does Wappy from Cleveland

2 Likes

100%. Probably in my top 3.

Edit: been consistently updating this for those interested.

Check out this playlist “2023 UM Highlights” I made on @nugsnet
nugs.net Shared Playlist : 2023 UM Highlights

4 Likes