2023/09/07 - The Mishawaka Amphitheatre - Bellvue, CO

2023/09/07 - The Mishawaka Amphitheatre - Bellvue, CO

Set 1: Jajunk[1], Women Wine & Song[1]. Hurt Bird Bath[1], Heart and Soul[1], Pure Saturation > 1348

Set 2: Nothing Too Fancy > Mad Love, When The World Is Running Down You Make The Best of What’s Still Around > Nothing Too Fancy, Hiccup > 40’s Theme

Encore: The Silent Type

[1] With Scotty Zwang on drums
All other songs with Ben Atkind on drums

1 Like

Looks fun and only a 12 song show.

2 Likes

Love the Huey Lewis cover. Feels like an awful Hiccup placement in that set but def room for improv.

3 Likes

I was just thinking the other day about how long it’s been since I’ve seen them cover H&S. I always loved seeing that pop up, but it’s prob been since ‘05 or ‘06 since I last caught one. Love World Running Down a ton as well. Great cover choices last night. I’d like to see Miss Gradenko come back into the rotation, but I doubt that will happen. No idea the last time they did that one. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Possibly 2018 St. Paul shows

1 Like

1/22/17 penns peak

2 Likes

Hiccup was the highlight of the night. Remember it being pretty forgettable at the start but at one point Stasik signalled to Joel to switch to the Moog and things took off. One of my favorite jams in a while. Whatever bendy riffs Jake was getting out were so tasty.

4 Likes

That Huey Lewis & The rUMors set was so much fun live. Even if Huey’s voice was shot.

3 Likes

Yeah that was a terrible rain year at summercamp. Stage area was a slip in slide mud pit.

2 Likes

It was a monster dude. Very large

2 Likes

Hiccup jam was insane

3 Likes

No cap fr fr

2 Likes

@bluish use your own account

16 Likes

K

3 Likes

Sound issues during Jajunk. Kept losing the kick drum and it looked like they had to run a new cable.

1 Like

This looks stellar. Will peep. Glad the homies got a hood N1

2 Likes

Looks like fun. Cool to see Scotty sit in. Always kinda forget about him

2 Likes

He was tighter than Ben for sure. Nailed HBB

• HBB had 2 jams in them, both solid. Combined, it made for a great standalone bath
  • First half of 1348 stew was tip top and the most interesting improv of the night, but second half of the stew was mids. Kinda got chug killed
  • pure saturation was very large with some good soaring uplifting UM
  • silent type is an objectively cringe song, but the jam was good for the encore slot. Blissful
  • hiccup was massive
  • solid exploratory improv in fancy and wtwirdymtbowsa
15 Likes

UM fux

7 Likes

Looks great on paper, very cool to see Scotty sat in.

2 Likes