2023/01/20 - The Capitol Theater - Port Chester, NY

Set 1 (9:12): Small Strides, Conduit > Day Nurse, FF > Mail Package, It’s Not Your Fault > JaJunk (10:21)

Set 2 (10:45): Front Porch > Resolution > Front Porch, The Linear > 2nd Self, Higgins (11:54)

E: Helplessly Hoping [1]^, Weight Around^ > The Floor

Notes:
[1] debut, Crosby, Stills & Nash
^ Brendan and Jake on acoustics

4 Likes

Port Chester NY:

• Degrees: 44 farenheit
  • Chance of Rain: 2%
  • Humidity: 62%
  • Wind: 11mp
  • Population: 29,418
  • County: Westchester County

Fun fact: Port Chester is nicknamed the “Gateway to New England” and serves as a transportation hub between New England states and New York

You’re setlist guide is checking in from Nashville, TN! It’s kinda cold out and not raining!

10 Likes

Why is it called Port Chester?

1 Like

There is a light sprink right now if you’re trying to update the OP

5 Likes

Great question, @solvethebox! Settled as the Town of Rye in 1660, the area became known as “The Saw Pits”. The name was derived from the process of making planks used in ship building. On March 11, 1837, the settlement of “The Saw Pits” was renamed “Port Chester”

Hope this information finds you well!

9 Likes

Eggy at 8 and um around 9:30 ET?

1 Like

I was hoping there was some dude named Chester who sits on the waterfront and tells boats whether they can come ashore or not.

7 Likes

I hope Chester takes after Commodus with the dramatics:

5 Likes

I hope they play some sick Zonkey tonight and that Front Porch is on the set but cut.

5 Likes

Bought a hodge podge of IPAs tonight. This one gets a 7.2

1 Like

Mantis front to back tonight for the anniversary???

1 Like

Sick Prophecy Now bust-out incoming!!!

6 Likes

Would love this for the stats

4 Likes

What is everyone’s thoughts on Eggy? I don’t think I’ve ever really listened to them…

Meh

1 Like

I dig them. Probably the most jam band sounding jam band out of the new school cats but they were a fun show when I caught them in December

Talked to the bass player for like 90 seconds the next day. He was really nice which is probably why I’m not ripping them for sounding extra jam band-y

Best vocalists in the scene, but that’s not saying a lot

2 Likes

Does it though?…

Better than Goose, but that’s not saying much.

According to my farmers almanac, yes

1 Like