2022 JOTY Discussion

Wetzelpretzel had all them goodies back then. Yellow snapchats. Grenades. Teslas. Glad I was around during those times lol

7 Likes

My Yellow Snapchat may or may not have come from that directionā€¦ā€¦

\mm/

3 Likes

youā€™re still doing this bit? sheesh

1 Like

Figured Iā€™d give a crack at my top jams of the year in order so far just by skimming through the shows and my playlists. I havenā€™t listened to the last 3 shows tho:

S. Frasco Fiasco

1. 2/19 U Fir
  2. 1/21 Prowler
  3. 7/14 Ringo
  4. 6/16 Plunger
  5. 1/30 WBG
  6. 2/10 Blue Echo
  7. 6/10 Draco
  8. 7/8 Wappy
  9. 7/15 Escape Goat
  10. 8/20 HBB

Someone who cares tell me why Iā€™m completely wrong. Definitely through some attendance bias in the mix

1 Like

Forgot a certain Fiasco #joty

1 Like

Updated. My apologies to frasco and the community

1 Like

starting a Top Ten 4 days after the #1 jam of the year and not listening to said #1 jam of the year is where you went wrong.

Slacker just keeps going. So many moments where current UM would be satisfied and say ā€œwrap it up, boysā€ but they keep pushing and then have a beautiful landing gear before slinking back into Slacker.

The Crooked One probably cracks the list too.

5 Likes

That was vaguely part of the bit was not listening to the Michigan show and Slacker before making this

I havenā€™t listened to slacker and I already donā€™t want to like it given the circlejerk around it. But I said the same thing about the new top gun then really liked it. Anyways, Iā€™ll check it out this afternoon and report back

1 Like

I totally get that. But even knowing what Iā€™ve said, I bet it doesnā€™t end when you think itā€™s going to.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t you want to listen to it if literally all of us love it? Confusion :face_with_spiral_eyes:

The kid is going through a jaded phase. Letā€™s let him be an angsty jamband teenage fan while he learns to properly dial in his exposure to the music and balance seeing them live with how many soundboards he consumes at home. Heā€™ll figure it out - I have faith in him.

14 Likes

@WhoDatVols listen to the slacker. It holds up well

6 Likes

You at least need 50 Waful shows to even sniff jadedness, let alone Budney shows.

15 Likes

Itā€™s now the evening and we are all patiently waiting for this review

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had a rough afternoon. Fucked up my back doing a front squat after work. Not sure I wanna add a mediocre Umphreyā€™s jam to the list.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t listened to the Slacker yet either but I plan on changing that tomorrow.

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard much of anything from before CO run so Iā€™ll have to check out a few of these

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed the shows from winter tour. Havenā€™t updated this playlist recently but itā€™s got my favorite jams from Jan - April of this year

2 Likes

Doing the Lordā€™s work thank you

alright, I finally gave this a listen amidst a buzz from the boys fantasy draft zoom

itā€™s really fucking good. the joel work is great, jake sends the peak into the milky way, and very smooth transition back into the comp

if I saw this at the caverns I would not shut up about. probably a top 10 jam of the year so far, still think I like NYE 18 slacker better though but thatā€™s because it is a damn good slacker as well

3 Likes