1/28 Mantis
1/30 NN ?
2/10 Blecho
2/11 Fancy reprise
2/19 Fir

3 Likes

Edit: wrong thread but I’m leaving it up

6 Likes

Thanks for making this thread. I might fire up the NYE 2022 thread today or maybe wait a few I’ve been getting tons of blues today so the dopamine is flowing without the need for additional discussion….yet!

2 Likes

Idk if the front porch gets there. Really nice first jam. Second one is mad dog directing. Some cool stuff but not joty imo

Definitely the Jeff of the year

I’d throw in the 2x2 from KY. I liked it better than the Manty from the next night tbh. Loved how the Mantis started but kind felt like it never found cohesive ground.

1 Like

Attachments and Bridgeless were both great in person, haven’t listened back. PP Conduit was amazing in the moment but I think I was just faced and impressed by how well balanced the mix was??

1 Like

Prowler my joty

2 Likes

I’d say this start to the year is substantially better than 2020. Can’t really count 2021 since April was the first “real” shows. But I’m excited to have a bunch lined up with how it’s been going

Why would 2020 count but not 2021? They played so many shows last year

Not sure what jam band played more shows than UM in 2021

Are we counting the In the Round shows? Because if we don’t factor in that 2x2, I agree with @WhoDatVols - 2021 was an abnormal year for Winter Tour whereas 2020 and 2022 both feature partial winter tours.

1 Like

I guess I dont follow. All i know is um played a ton of shows last year

1 Like

Yeah to clarify I was saying like first 5-10 shows of the year. 2019 had some heat in January a la Spooky Ocean Billy. 2020 had some okay stuff but definitely felt like a step back from 2019. 2022 is starting off solid imo

4 Likes

Also attempting to stick with staying positive since I have like 10 shows coming up and my meds are slapping

3 Likes

hard agree

2 Likes

+1

joel + bayliss = :purple_heart:

This Prowler jam is dark and patient. UM has usually been good for one at least good jam in the PacNW, but rarely does the best of a PacNW tour approach what UM brings to Winter NE tour earlier in the year.

Damn you NE peeps!

3 Likes