2022/11/12 - UMBowl IX - The Riviera Theater - Chicago, IL

2022/11/12 - UMBowl IX - The Riviera Theater - Chicago, IL

Set 1: Wide Open [1], Exit Signs [1], Things I’d Like To Lose [1], Unevolved [1], Out of Focus [1]

Set 2: Last Man Swerving > Small Strides, Mirro Memories, Pay the Snucka, Althea, Wappy Sprayberry > Slacker

Set 3: The Silent Type, Speak Up > Bridgeless > The Floor, Escape Goat > Bridgeless

Encore: Keilbasa, The Triple Wide

Notes:
[1] debut, original

First set was Raw Stewage, comprised of attendees’ votes for past “Jimmy Stewarts”

Wide Open [2011-07-02 Steppin’ Razor + 2007-05-05 E.T.I. + 2014-04-01 Higgins]
Exit Signs [2006-02-24 Visions + 2014-10-25 Nemo + 2006-11-08 Kabump]
Things I’d Like To Lose [2011-02-04 2x2 + 2021-08-05 Mantis + 2011-05 Things I’d Like To Lose] Unevolved [2017-07-23 Push the Pig + 2012-11-01 In The Kitchen + 2007-03-15 Dump City + 2007-04-14 Bridgeless]
Out of Focus [2015-04-23 1348 + 2017-05-27 1348 + 2013-10-18 Great American + 2007-06-28 Blue Echo + 2011-07-02 Steppin’ Razor + 2014-05 Little Kids]

Second set was Choose Your Own Adventure: Last Man Swerving or August or White Man’s Moccasins; [Asking for a Friend] Fenced In (JO) or Small Strides (JO) or Always October (JO); [Story Time] Leaving Las Vegas Tales or Stasik Ambien Antics or Mirro Memories; [98-01] The Fuzz or FF or Pay The Snucka; [Songs We Wish We Wrote] The Song Remains the Same or Where Is My Mind? or Althea; [Dance Yam] The Triple Wide or Wappy Sprayberry or Day Nurse (JO); [Bayliss Solo Du Jour] Slacker or 40’s Theme or 2nd Self (JO);

Third set was Band Choice

5 Likes

It’s official, I came

Was Hoping for a 2nd self

2 Likes

???

2 stories about Mirro (stasik & bayliss) and a quote

3 Likes

Slacker was the right choice. Where is my mind vs Althea is close, but Althea gets the nod. Well done bros. Chicago UM ftw.

Thanks for the setlists op.

1 Like

Bridgeless

E: Kielbasa Sausage *, The Triple Wide

• BB & Jake on acoustics in the balcony > electric guitar

FrogNugs at it again lol. No way. 2nd self JO>Slacker. Pixies or song remains over Althea after a hot snucka.

1 Like

Hot snucka or no I’m sticking w my jams lol. They’re all winners. Slacker is a top choice no matter the situation. Also, FF prob would’ve made my pick, but it has to have the jam… or maybe not, that’s just a rare tune I love to hear. I love snucka too

2 Likes

I was 0-6 on vote down conversions

4 Likes

Wide Open slayed. Really hope that joins the rotation. Old school 04-07 prog UM vibes.

4 Likes

I will have to check out this Raw Stewage. Nice the track titles aren’t jamband cringe either.

1 Like

3rd set does not look very good. Excited to check out raw stewage set

Yeah was kind of a let down but speak up delivered

2 Likes

Most exploratory Speak Up in awhile. Usually has just been a joel solo for the past few years

3 Likes

Only umbowl I attended Vegas 15, I didn’t vote, think I tried a couple times but wasn’t sure it was working w my phone, so i quit. Super intoxicated iirc

Bayliss was tired of being told by the audience what to play so he put his fav standards in. But you’d think he would have looked at the Vic setlist and avoided those songs :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Really great meeting so many of y’all last night. Raw stewage set was pretty hot, stoked to re listen. The Riv sucks but glad it wasn’t packed, that rogue security guard was relentless

4 Likes

I got yelled at by that one security guard like 7 different times for smoking last night. That place is a dump, Chicago really does have some of the worst venues around. But shows were fun as hell.

9 Likes

I don’t get why Friday was a free for all but then Saturday had a guy in a ski mask just fucking with people.

4 Likes