2022/06/19 - Gerald Ford Amphitheater - Vail CO

Goddamn why cant more encores be like that. No covers, no bullshit, no standard tunes packed into 7 minutes. An original people actually want to hear with some solid improv ta boot.

1 Like

Thought I heard Orfeo when the stream popped back up for a minute. Or maybe just a Joel solo?

This weeeknds rankings:

1. Vail
  2. Dillon
  3. Red rocks night 1
  4. Atl 420 hooker boob
  5. Red rocks night 2
8 Likes

Were there any sultan sightings this weekend or has he used his Count Dracula cape to disappear?

1 Like

He sat in on Front Porch but the stream crashed

3 Likes

Smart streams ftw

Born again noob, hated tonight, Prowler throwback and Front Porch aside. Sorry. Ford Amp is a gem though. Great to have the boys in my backyard. Dillon pushed all the nostalgia buttons and I loved the yams myself.

Hopefully more of these venues in the future!

Weird to miss Red Rocks. N1 looked great.

Strange. I didn’t go to RR but enjoyed tonight more than Dillon. Classic example of a show where the song selection really didn’t do it for me with a few exceptions, but the jams made up for it. Set 2 was a damn blast.

To each their own but hopefully you at least had fun.

I had a stretch where three consecutive HBBs I saw got upward’d. Just brutal.

Also, I am once again requesting @cshore post an actual fucken setlist.

3 Likes

Cshore I’d rather drag my balls through 2 miles of broken glass, stand in a bathtub full of water and stick what remains of my dick into a light socket, after which I move in with sultan and become his concubine for life than ever read another one of your setlist threads again

7 Likes

^^^Agreed, I tried to read through this thread and my brain hurts. But the show sounds pretty hot and the venue looks sweetAF. I would always expect to see a better show on a Sunday night in a place like this v. RR (but that’s seperate from the sheer wonderment of the Rocks).

1 Like

I like it. Is Meta the right word to describe it?

Hurts to read this sacrilege against HBB by @opsopcopolis ITT. I’ll take an 11min Bird Bath, I don’t care, I just love every composed section of that song and the type of jams that come out of it.

This show looks great based on all that improv.

6 Likes

Wow. Can’t believe @opsopcopolis is going to fight @hbbubblebath

5 Likes

and while @opsopcopolis is right that a lot of times you see the return a mile away, some times they slink back in real smooth and that shit hits so good.

2 Likes

Definitely no Orfeo but the Porch was a great way to end the night.

Bummer to see August cut but probs wouldn’t have had a jam anyway given the jams before and after it.

Ive never heard a jamless August before

2 Likes

Rewatching some of this stream this morning and damn does that venue look beautiful.

3 Likes

Just saying it was prob cut cause they had no room for jams

That IDKWIK was pretty darn good. Ending chorus is really good on that song.

2 Likes