2022/05/26 - Three Sisters Park - Chillicothe, IL

I’ve been to a handful of vip shows now. I’ve seen more rarities at normal shows. Actually none of my vip shows have ever been great. Minus the Denver BG show which was actually just a crusty show but the best one they’ve done

Yeah it may not always be busy out city but I saw my first VIP set in Asheville and it started with a 20 min Last Man Swerving → 15 min Mulches with a super loose dub reggae jam.

They know what that people want and they deliver when payed.

1 Like

20 min Swerving is wild. Sounds like you caught the goat VIP set

3 Likes

Front porch > AtN > Front Porch was meh

Speak up > Ringo was fantastic. Thought the speak Up jam was gonna be a repeated stew from Atlanta 17 Similar Skin and FF from Orlando same year but they went another direction and ended up being great

4 Likes

Speak Up > Ringo was indeed fantastic. Ringo 2nd is the exact type of jam that usually irritates me too and they knocked it out of the park. Weird for the sake of being weird at times, but this one had enough good ideas to keep it afloat for 10 minutes. Good stuff.

Pleasantly surprised at: 1) No covers; 2) Only 1 new song all weekend despite the fact they have a new album in a month; 3) Improv by the pound all weekend long. Looking forward to hitting Friday next.

This Ringo fux

1 Like

the Snucka encore had a pretty good groove going before Nugs recording abruptly cuts off.

Idk wtf is with the abrupt nugs ending. Did the memory card fill up?

I really liked the tease they did to transition into the heavy snucka section, so I’d love to hear it again. Hopefully they fix the track at some point. Curious to know if it was actually any good or if I was just feeling good and eating it up in the moment.

Nice. Can finally listen to the end of Snucka.

Edit: meh, seemed cooler in the moment. Good gimmick

1 Like