2022/05/26 - Three Sisters Park - Chillicothe, IL

Lol of course this is a VIP set.

3 Likes

I don’t really understand this complaint. I’m genuinely curious.

VIP sets
  • Should have bust outs and hetty jams
  • Should be boring and standard like regular um shows
  • Shouldn’t exist
  • Other (enter in comments)

0 voters

Shouldn’t pretty much always have the best set list of the weekend.

3 Likes

Be honest. if it wasn’t, would that make it not very important ?

The problem is the band used to throw you some VIP type sets from time to time during normal shows. Now your options to hear a FP are 1. shell out VIP money or 2. listen to FP on nugs

4 Likes

I would be shocked if even 1/4 of the FPs in the VIP era were VIP only.

UM is always gonna dissapoint one group of people with VIP. The VIP peeps expect rarities and bustouts because they paid for VIP, and everyone else is bummed and feels like they won’t get rarities and bustouts cause they can’t afford VIP. I don’t really have that strong of an opinion on the topic, but I do think it makes for a weird dynamic.

Edit: and kinda what Poma said, seeing what was played at VIP and knowing those tunes are off the table for reg shows.

5 Likes

I’ve never been to a VIP set, but I feel like even without bustouts they’re still pretty special. Seeing the band with 50-100 people is a unique experience in itself. Not saying they shouldn’t treat those people to some special songs, but all I’m asking for is a little parity, keep some people on their toes. Busting out a setlist like that before the shows even begin is an easy way to take away a lot of excitement of chasing songs.

1 Like

No JOTY comes from a VIP set. More Front Porchs get played in the Midwest than VIP sets. VIP sets are never anything special. I would get the gripe if top 5 jams from every year came from a VIP set.

4 Likes

Sounds like either you want more bustouts in ordinary shows, or you think they shouldn’t bust out at VIP? Or both?

They should probably just stop playing sets altogether

7 Likes

I just think they should be less predictable and spread out the bustouts more evenly.

1 Like

Let’s check the stats about front porch since 2018…

Well I’ll be only one VIP set appearance? Why does it not feel that way? Also wtf played 9 times 2019 and on? From a band that refused multiple requests for my boy @mja271

2 Likes

Listening on headphones on a walk and it seems like Ryan is a little low in the mix.

Ringo was pretty solid. Def worth a listen

Track times look promising to me

1 Like

Good he needs to be taken down a notch

I don’t have a problem with VIP sets getting rarities, but it’s frustrating when it’s almost impossible to hear those tunes outside of VIP.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m tired of not being able to catch (checks notes) Cemetery Walk

6 Likes

I had a good laugh looking back at the last several years of VIP sets and seeing how pedestrian the song selection was. I was expecting way bigger bustouts after all the backlash.

1 Like

Thin air always gets played at the vip sets of the normal shows that I’m seeing. Love catching that song. I think the last one I saw was 2018 minneapolis