2022/02/17 - Kemba Live - Columbus, OH

Same! Red Tape, RW, #5, and Drac all hurt a little, but seeing peeps, Whistle Kids, half delayed, snucka and wizard (Not my cup of tee) off the table helps

1 Like

Show looks decent to my taste. Something about Whistle Kids > Wizard is funny to me. Havenā€™t caught a Whistle before, so if Iā€™m gonna catch one Iā€™d like that context.

Weird ass Weight Around placement though.

Looking forward to an empty Anthem tonight!

2 Likes

Is Kemba Live the same place as Lifestyle Community Pavilion?

EDIT: DMOR - yes, it is

1 Like

Sub 9min RW :grimacing:

1 Like

Gotta be a Stasik setlist right? All these jarring transitions. Robot > Weight, #5 > Whistle > WBG. Doesnā€™t look great overall though.

Thin Air was cut last night. Wouldnā€™t mind seeing that one, itā€™s been over 10 years.

2 Likes

This is obv Stasik. Setlists for the past year have been so weird. Such bizarre lack of flow

2 Likes

As much as I like some of the songs that Stasik always puts on his set lists, they always have those contrasting heavy>softer songs. Itā€™s like whiplash in terms of flow.

Remove whistle kids and that set is pretty good.

And half delayed

Wrong

1 Like

I like half delayed

4 Likes

This whistle kids jam is kinda cute

1 Like

Sorry ill go cut up with Adam on fb instead

2 Likes

ā€œdouble dose of Stasikā€

noooope

5 Likes

+1, I wouldnā€™t argue with this kids

1 Like

Isnā€™t the Anthem like the Mission in Denver with a movable stage so they can make an undercapcity show feel more intimate? I havenā€™t been to either venue yet so not sure if I understand correctly but thought this was the case.

This setlist definitely reaks of Stasik. Weird flow, Iā€™ll probably throw it on at work this weekend though since Iā€™ve been spinning the boards again lately.

Yeah they have the staged pushed up tonight, havenā€™t seen it like that before

I went to the show, and I thought it was pretty fun. MV opener was pretty good improv wise I think as was #5. Whistle kids actually had a cool little jam in it and I thought the >WBG worked. Bad Friday got the place moving and draconian was fun too. Of course I would have liked robot world to go the distance (it is a decent 9 min) but I didnā€™t think the > into TWA was as jarring as you guys make it seem.

I donā€™t know Iā€™ve been on the bort since I started seeing UM in 2006 and it seems like thereā€™s a lot of hate on here for these guys now. I myself got burned out not only of UM, but the jam band scene as a whole. took a year or two off with only seeing one or two shows a year and found other music out there. The pandemic made me want to see music in my life and Pontiac N1 got me hooked . Not every show is going to be a banger with 20+ minute jams so Donā€™t go into shows with expectations; Iā€™ve done four shows on winter tour and all of them I thought have been good to great shows. I remember people complaining on the old bort that they never tried anything different they try writing different set lists people complain, Jake ā€œchugsā€ to much, etc. seems to me like a lot of yaā€™ll need to take a break it would probably do you some good. This isnā€™t the same band as when I started seeing them in 2006, they arenā€™t the same band as 2019. Do I miss those days of playing? Sure, but I also know that the band has changed and evolved. Iā€™m not always going to like what they do, but thatā€™s always been the case. Like I said this is just my opinion and I feel like Iā€™m in the minority on here with these thoughts.

6 Likes