2021/11/12 - The Pageant - St Louis, MO

EAJOTY

1 Like

This set WAS, in fact, a heater. Even the 2x2 jam that was initiated 70 minutes into the set had a nice groove to it. I loved the Blue Echo ambient uplifting microjam but both extended jams in Crooked and Spires brought it as well.

My friend is at his 2nd show tonight. His first was 3/30/19 with me. He was late that night and made us miss the opener, which was Spires. Well, he made good tonight…

3 Likes

idk Umphreys sounds kinda good

1 Like

Hell of a setlist so far

Annnnd dogshit cover

1 Like

1 Like

They should really just go for it here. > dr feelgood>Hollywood nights>soycd

3 Likes

oh shit this dump got evil and nasty real quick

4 Likes

you nasty. take it to the pooping thread.

5 Likes

luv evil dumps, can’t help myself :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Real good

The Wappy was tight IMO. I’m hoping this Puppet isn’t standard…

Aside from the brief cover misfire, this show is a best of 2021 candidate. Second set took straight off into space every jam. A couple were aborted a minute or three too quickly (Phil’s especially), but I forgave all of that real quick when Dump happened.

1 Like

I liked the wappy ! there have been too many standard ones recently and I like how they got kinda weird with it

2 Likes

Damn, even the Silent Type encore jam is raging a bit. Glad I decided to hang around in case…

1 Like

You guyz… this was a goood show. Sorry KC.

Great looking show

Loved the setlist and flow. Was digging the Dump City vibes during Spires jam, and then really loved that they then played Dump later. 2x2 and Wappy were my initial highlights. Felt like the first section of wappy was longer than it had been in recent years, but i also havent listened to much.

Crooked One, Phils, Ringo, and Dump City were all cool. None of the jams really floored me, but there were flashes of hotness. You could tell they were relaxed and feeling it, so thats cool.

Also the worse showing i have seen from them in this region of the MW since i started seeing them in 2005. I was on the rail of the first spot above floor without trying. Kept getting back with ease, too. Considering going again tomorrow, but not sure. Feel like tonight was probably the night for STL anyways.

All in all, that was one of the more fun UM shows i have seen in recent years. Didnt come close to reaching some of the highs i have seen from other bands this year, but between that and the ATL drive in shows, i seem to have lucked out with my UM this year.

Edit: those scamp shows still really rubbed me the wrong way, tho

2 Likes

Also, the Dump City had so much potential to really get deep, but i did enjoy what they were doing there. That was darkAF. It ended way too soon, though, but luckily didnt feel “aborted” either if that makes sense. I remember thinking the Ringo was going to burn the place down at firsr but then, again, just never was able to reach full blast off.

Yea, the 2x2 wasnt super long, but it felt cohesive and they really just grabbed onto the groove and drove it home. Spires jam was more exploratory but didnt click as much for me.

If they would have cut Crucial from set 1 and Half Delayed from set 2, they probably could have hit a home run with one of the jams, but UM gonna UM. I am very happy with my evening, though. Already back home eating pizza and doing dabs in my pajamas. Turns out not being drunk has its perks.