2021/08/06 - Beech Mountain Resort Summer Series - Beech Mountain, NC

Set 1: Suxity > Resolution > Upward, Sociable Jimmy, Miami Virtue > Robot World > In the Black

Set 2: It Doesn’t Matter > Looks > The Crooked One > Breaker, Phil’s Farm, Cheap Sunglasses, Glory

Encore: The Silent Type

Robot World and Crooked One are two of my favorites. Not sad about any of those others being played though…

2 Likes

Miami Virtue > Robot World > In the Black seems like a cool segment imo. Those are some of my favorite studio songs. First RW of the year?

Crooked One > Breaker looks phenomenal. I love Breaker.

4 Likes

Was bummed not to see Breaker during the CYOA set for NYE 2019. Someday I’ll catch it.

Edit: I deleted this post at first cause I looked at ATU and saw it was played at NYE 2019, thought I blacked out and forgot or something. Turns out it was the VIP set and I in fact did not see it during CYOA, but it was an option haha.

1 Like

Love how often Crooked One has been showing up this year

3 Likes

And the jams have been quality on it as well

When I first started listening to UM in the spring of '04 TCO was once of my favorites…I was so fucking excited when they played it at my first show.

5 Likes

It’s such a good tune

2 Likes

Phil’s is nasty. Crooked was meh

1 Like

And here’s Jake singing cheap sunglasses.

3 Likes

Great Phil’s followed by this Shit. I may have reached full fam jaded tonight

3 Likes

Still time to catch @cryan024 on phish ter

2 Likes

I’m on my way out now

I’m so happy they got Cheap Sunglasses and Glory out of the way…I’m good on not hearing those songs for the next 5 years.

5 Likes

I should’ve walked away.

4 Likes

Lol the end of that show, gross.

2 Likes

Truth! I had a blast with the crew tonight. It was great to be back after an 18 month break from seeing the boys. Show was filled with what seemed like lots of short 4 minuteish jams ranging from meh to decent. Think Reso x2, IDM, & Phil’s will be the most likely to hold up improv wise. Phil’s prob the JOTN. Dog selection was half n half on great to total ass for my tastes. Hope Joel writes tomorrow.

Robot had so much potential but turned out to be a huge letdown. Improv was right up my alley with Joel on mellotron but it quickly fell over and died. I couldn’t tell if they had zero clue how to proceed or were just making time for ITB. Yikes.

Venue location was badass with great views up in the GA section. An employee ended up coming up top to tell us to take empty pods after a while. Good stuff. Excited for tomorrow!

Robot World was 6 minutes, woof! Maybe should have waited until they were ready to bust that one out.

2021’d

1 Like