2021/08/05 - Greenfield Lake Amphitheatre - Wilmington, NC

m/

FIIIIIVE CHYEEAAA

2 Likes

Frankie Zombie, Life During Exodus and Come As Your Kids are my favorite mashups.

On a different note, a 23 minute Booth Love? Well, fuck me running backwards in a cornfield!

2 Likes

I just saw that it was 23 minutes on nugs. I’m cautiously optimistic? Even if that includes the end of Mantis we’re still talking about the longest Booth I’m aware of.

Yeah I just got really excited then realized they tacked the end of Mantis on there

This is clearly a Bayliss setlist to me based on the style it’s written out in (and it’s a pretty good one by his standards, too). More like Bayliss timekeeping before the show even started :slight_smile:

Not topping anyone off?

Just listened to the lyrical, it sounds like an evolved version of the 2011 2x2 C’Bus Stew. I absolutely loved it obviously.

4 Likes

Only had a chance to check out Mantis and Booth on the way into work today but I enjoyed both. The Mantis doesn’t really sound composed to me.

I’m assuming Jake on keys for this Booth? That was pretty solid with some great Bayliss lead stuff over top. It’s also more like 16 mins not 23.

I think WMM, TBH and Mantis are 3 of my favorite UM songs so I would be pretty happy with this show.

2 Likes

Life During Exodus is fine but it seems like they always play it in the south. I wasn’t even there last night and I’ve seen it 6 times.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a mash up with Wellwishers at some point? I thought that one was ok. I hate all of the mashups and they make me cringe so hard. Love when I am somewhere and someone throws Umphrey’s on to make me happy or to say “hey it’s that band you like, Umphrey’s” and it’s a mashup. Ugh. I never know how to react!

Jake was indeed on keys for booth. Bayliss was also on keys for longer than normal on cwII. He stayed over there for like 2 mins or so once the jam started

1 Like

Nineteen Hundred Eight Five Wellwishing. Saw it at Hauntlanta.

3 Likes

Dang it lol. That’s still pretty long with 5 minutes of Mantis tacked on

13 minute Linear could be promising. I love a good Linny

2 Likes

This Booth Love is sick

1 Like

Not sure where all this jaded energy is coming from @WOLFpacker16 because I think this is a great show.

Song selection is great besides the ‘puss and most of the jams are solid. As is tradition in 2021, the end of the 2nd set definitely falls flat.

Pretty good 2x2 and Booth with Jake on keys was lit but my favorite jam of the show is the Linear. Myers was in full on crush mode throughout the whole jam. Heavy Fussy teases from Joel around 8:30 which I thought worked really well with what everyone else was doing and a massive peak to top this one off (@snuckaskitchen)

Definitely one of those lucky times a Bayliss setlist works and probably in my top 5 from this year.

Maybe it has officially happened. I could tell I was getting close the past few years, but I guess after 70 some shows I am, officially, jaded. The jams just weren’t quite doing it for me last night I don’t really know how else to put it. I will say I did very much enjoy the song selection though. Outside of booth love I pretty much love all of the songs they played. It was really nice to see turn and run again, it has been years since I’ve seen that bad boy

I don’t understand why everyone hates Booth. I love that song

6 Likes

I will also say that it was fun getting out of a show at 9 pm. Granted I still found myself drunk and in a Waffle House at 2 am, but I was able to get a lot of additional partying in before that happened

2 Likes