2021/07/23 - Northland's - Swanzey, NH

This show was fun. Looks like I fluffed pretty hard last night. I’m confident famtacchments and billy will hold up big time.

Morning Song and Wallets JOs were a pleasant surprise. We were talking as soon as Wallet started about how I always thought that song deserved improv.

Great times with @mja271 .Good to see terruntz. Glad the full snapfam is attending tonight.

1 Like

Decent show last night. Billy was a big biscuits-style jam but it was more to give BF some freedom and get the crowd hype, not sure how much replayability it will have. Attachments was OK. Ringo felt like an abomination. Wallets had a nice little 2 section composed style jam. They just didn’t lock in to anything that special but great to see them that loose.

Lackluster crowd in an undersold venue. Lots of AARPhreaks and kids. Felt like maybe half the crowd was paying attention to the band. Bayliss even sarcastically commented “you guys sound good” in the first set after all but 3 people missed the cue at the end of silent type. Chill place to get drunk and see a show tho.

1 Like

What/who is BF?

1 Like

Worst part of this venue is the lack of cell service. If I can’t fluff or bitch on the bort am I really at the show?

1 Like

ben factor is what i figured it was.

If a Hodor fluffs in a forest and nobody is there to hear it…

15 Likes

Lol.

I imagine the reality is somewhere between hodor fluff and your jaded ass take

4 Likes

So reality is probably mja’s take

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t give a shit about anyone’s opinion until I get @Bron-yr-Aur’s review

1 Like

Like seeing (JO) in abnormal spots

2 Likes

I’ll wait for the DATC recap

2 Likes

8 Likes

This silent type ain’t bad. I used to fucking hate silent type when it first came out and now I actually kinda like it. Sometimes I disgust myself

5 Likes

Don’t love the sound of the composed part live , but this version is a nice little version.

Attachments and Walletsworth the standouts to me. Also enjoyed said Silent Type and thought the Prowler>2nd Self was a solid start. After reading some of the posts here, underwhelmed by the OB.

1 Like

I’ve only listened to the Attachments and OB but I agree. The Attachments was good but the OB never really hit second gear. It was a great soundscape and almost got into the gritty territory for a moment there but the tempo didn’t do it for me

1 Like

Solid first set. While none of them were all time greats, getting JO’s in Prowler, Walletsworth and Morning Song is pretty sweet. This Silent Type is pretty lit but unfortunately short. Loved what Joel was doing during Bridgeless as well.

1 Like

This first set is certainly…unique. While it is nice to get jams in THREE non-standard songs in the same set, the jams in Silent Type and Bridgeless are better than any of them :slight_smile: The last two Silent Type grooves (this and Peach Festival) have really been nice so I hope they keep building on that. With Prowler > 2nd Self, it looked like Bayliss wasn’t even aware the band was going to jam and went right into 2nd Self, so considering that disorganization what came out of it wasn’t bad. This 1st set kind of reminds me of 7/19/06 1st set, where they unusually jam both Out of Order and Moccasins but Soul Food 1 steals the show anyway.

Attachments and OB are pretty awesome as others mentioned. I could listen to soundscapes like the one they do in this OB for days.

2 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

• Den teases in Morning Song
3 Likes