2021/06/18 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO

Set 1: JaJunk[1], Roulette, Booth Love, Plunger > Cemetery Walk, Wizard Burial Ground > Nopener > Attachments > Wizard Burial Ground

Set 2: Restrung[2] > The Silent Type, Ocean BillyThis Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)[3] > Day Nurse > Ocean Billy, Miami Virtue > Den, Phil’s Farm

Encore: Glory > Cemetery Walk II

[1] with Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (The Rolling Stones) teases
[2] song previously known as Unsung Hero
[3] debut, Talking Heads

Notes:
with Start Me Up (The Rolling Stones) tease before Plunger

1 Like

Is that Plunger “finished,” in everyone’s opinion?

It sounds like the same chords and song form, but entirely different melodies, soundscapes, and vibe. It also sounded like UM brought the track to life for the big stage last night, bringing the team approach to this sonic missile. I wish I had braced for impact.

8 Likes

Did you at least stand tall and leave a raging bull?

2 Likes

It was HARD not to.

1 Like

I listened to the Attachments and the Den and that’s really all I need to hear. Show was subpar.

Summary

@Kenwoo77 you filthy casual don’t you know this is a biscuits board

4 Likes

Without relistening, I think Silent Type jam was the most interesting thing of the night.

1 Like

Really love that Attachments jam.

2 Likes

Where I was that jam kinda fell flat but coulda been the sound. Jake kept sticking to this chord progression that didn’t feel like it meshed to me, and then they just forced a peak and move on.

I actually much preferred the CW2 jam in the encore. That was the most locked in and on fire part of the show to me. Plunger was also good while it lasted. Phil’s had cool moments too, I wish that had been earlier in the set so it had more legs.

Overall felt like 4/6 of the band was locked in last night and the guitars were a little off throughout. I really wish they’d bring OB jams back to smoother dance territory. That OB jam was not my vibe

Love a good Billy like 9/14/12.

Attachments jam way late in 2nd set is short yet patient, that is a really nice atypical jam. Count me in favor of hte Virtue jam as well. There is definitely a bit of everyone playing in a different key but I don’t mind it. Specifically that bit at 7:05 w/ Jake doing that weird note and Brendan playing faster behind it is very cool. Kinda falls about for a couple of mins after that but certainly experimental…

1 Like

Who sang Naive Melody?

1 Like

BB and Kris

Mitchell sang? Badass.

1 Like

Fuck 🤦🏼

1 Like

This Miami is awesome

1 Like

Restrung isn’t working on the nugs ap

EDIT - just finished listening to this one…nice show! Loved JaJunk, Plunger and Virtue. The Phil’s was no slouch either.

The non-thrash drumming on WBG threw me off though but it ended up being a pretty good version. I’m not a big Attachments fan but that also ended up being a pretty good version!

Pretty good show overall.

1 Like

Yes, we are working on it. Thanks.

1 Like

Have you tried resetting your modem?

4 Likes