2021/06/18 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO

Thanks again @jwelsh8 ! Otherwise it’s a really good one

Just now getting around to listening to the RRX shows, but I was actually pleasantly surprised listening to this one. The segues are my highlights here with WBG > Nopener > Attachments > WBG being awesome as well as OB > Naive Melody > Day Nurse > OB. I love instrumental UM so Glory > CWII is a great encore in my book, especially the jam to end it.

This feels like a show that may not have a ton of replay ability but would have had a blast if I was there

1 Like

Might need to relisten to this one. I was pretty harsh on it in the moment but the sound was terrible night 1 in the middle of the house. As bad as being in the back at the og chicago drive inn. It sounded like there was a flanger on the drums and the guitar would literally get wisped away with the wind

And yeah that CW2 jam was something else. Maybe the best encore I’ve ever caught. Wappy N3 encore was also great.

2 Likes

*3rd best

(Have to consider 9/1/19 E: Thunderstruck as well)

2 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

1 Like

I still think the non thrash drumming on WBG was weird.

I had to put this on because you mentioned a few times and I’ve already turned it off. That does not sound good. I hope this doesn’t become a thing because I’d be disappointed.

Same! It was the weakest spot of the show.

It’s a little weird, but not sure I actually mind it

Yeah it’s weird wonder if Kris was tired and simplified it a bit

1 Like

I was sort of wondering that as well.

You heard it folks, standardtown den was the best jam of the show

3 Likes

Doesn’t every show attended have a jam of the night… I don’t understand what that person is saying.

4 Likes

She does the polls every show but this is her first show since covid is what she means. She’s referring to the poll when she says JOTN

2 Likes

Ah got it, thanks

1 Like

Mediocre show but i remember the virtue getting weird and kinda cool

I cant believe people think the Den was jam of the night. Wtf