2019 UM Thread

Why is anybody allowed to edit thread titles?

fixed. sorry

2 Likes

Not sure if @Pookells mentioned it here or setlist thread but thanks for reminding me how good 3/9 Jajunk is.

1 Like

Snitch. This is why we can’t have nice things.

You’re just one big fun-sucker

1 Like

I’ve been called worse by better :man_shrugging:

Probably cuz you don’t like fun

Yeah every day I wake up and think to myself

“how can i make my life, and the lives of everyone around me as shitty as possible”

omg stfu and talk about how 2019 is better than 2011

who cares

If this was Facebook I’d hit you with the care react right now

So many phenomenal shows last year. But tbh, the one that’s gotten the most play from me is 7/3. Crush mode from the jump. Dark, weird proggy, metal, dance party. It’s got it all. The first set especially doesn’t fuck around. One helluva rock n roll show

After the year UM had last year, I feel bad for those who have written them off

2 Likes

7/3 is so good, Sim Skin & Linear jams were the ones that got the most fluff but I love the Billy & AIT jams in the second set. AIT in particular delivers the fusiony groove and I love the way Jake caps off the Billy jam with the pure Steve Howe medieval guitar.

7/3 also got a ton of play for me. That show just slays.

I relistened to that 8/3 August and it’s so damn good. Fir too, another great show, not quite on the level of the BkBowl shows or 7/3 but it’s close

Just gave 7/3 Sim Skin a spin. Great jam. I wish it had more of a peak before the seamless blend back into the song but still a great jam. About to listen to Linear which I remember preferring over SS. I remember I wasn’t as into the second set jams as you were @Bron-yr-Aur . Not bad or anything just didn’t grab me quite as much.

I should definitely bump some 8/3 too. I probably like that show more than 7/3 overall.

Sidenote: Sim Skin is the epitome of a song that needs a jam to be good in a live set.

1 Like

Top 10 shows IMO. All are must listens and I would include 1/31, 6/22, 8/30 as must listens too IMO. Bolded shows are what I think are the top 3 of the year, although I really want to include 2/15 in the top tier too:

1/25
2/15
3/21
3/29
4/4
7/3
8/3
8/15
8/17
8/29
12/30

Listening to 8/17 right now. Goddamn this show is fucking hot. Easy to overlook due to 8/15 but the opening stretch of 1348 > Kitchen > Visions > Mail Package in set 1 is so damn good. And the DBK > Higgins > DBK in set 2 might be even better.

1 Like

The Kitchen and DBK from 8/17 are probably my fav versions of each in a long time. The jam that kicks ioff the Kitchen is just a total 80’s action movie soundtrack dance party and somehow 10 mins later you are just in huge soaring Skynyrd territory. Love the way Jake just waits and waits for it to build up before kicking in the distortion at 12:10 and taking it to the next level. How about that buttery BB transition into Visions, too? Just so on point.

As for DBK, 10 - 13:30 in that track is sublime, some of the most beautiful UM of 2019.

It’s pretty crazy to me that 8/3, 8/15, 8/17, 8/29 and 8/30 are all in the same month. The amount of quality improv just in those 5 shows is huge and there’s quite a few other great jams from other shows in the same month.

Fucking hell 8/15 Plungey is nuts. Listening to 2/15 Plungey now. Easily my 2 favorite jams of the year, love some dark evil UM shit

Meeting in the Aisle tease bumps it down a notch for me. I need PURE IMPROV. Bk Plungie for life.

1 Like