2011/11/02 - Northern Lights - Clifton Park, NY

this checks out. the parents one of the nicest girls I used to know and see phish with, worked there

1 Like

Cutting my teeth on Midwest venues (looking at you Chicago) put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to security so when I encounter a friendly staff it sticks with me. I just remember all the bar staff and ushers being just awesome people who really enjoyed the vibe that night. Iā€™m hoping for a fall northeast tour this year so I can peep some leaves and hit some shows in New England. Iā€™d love to start a run in Portland head to Hampton Beach then to Boston and end in Albany. Iā€™m pretty sure those are easy enough drives to make the run somewhat simple. Burlington wouldnā€™t be a bad option either. Iā€™m just trying to hit a run in most regions this year.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping for some summer dates or fall up in the Northeast. One of the few regions of the country I havenā€™t seen a show. Iā€™m trying to hit a few new states and venues this year since I have to pick and choose more now with my kids.

Also want another boys ter trip this summer to which the ā€œwifeā€ signed off on like she is Biden signing a new bill.

1 Like

Upstate NY gets killer shows, it has been that way since I started seeing them. Heaters more often than not.

3 Likes

Might as well bump this one too while weā€™re at it. Just top to bottom one of the greatest shows the band ever played. IMO even has definitive versions of ā€œstandardā€ songs ie. Example 1 and BtL both of which are just crushed.
MASSIVE amount of improv? check
Unexpected swerves? check
Great song selection and flow? check
Rarities? check
Best encore ever for improv? probably

4 Likes

Fyp

1 Like

Only thing this show has over 1/27/11

Would agree. Although in the moment I was over the fucking moon about the 1/27 encore, just hit me in the right spot

1 Like