Worst Opener For Umphrey's?

Haha yeah that was awful, wasn’t that NYE 2009? I can’t really remember his music but it was so off putting

I think they tried doing it a second time, because the awkwardness of stasik’s mom talking into a mic as everyone was ignoring her and conversing with their friends it’s forever etched into my memory.

1 Like

we may never know now that they removed opener data for all things umphreys.

that article made it sound like it was a hit so maybe they did try again.

1 Like

This

1 Like

Stasik’s mom wasn’t terrible. From what I saw of Frasco the other night, he was terrible.

There was also some band out of Texas that opened for them that wasn’t bad but had their amps and PA turned up so loud that it wasn’t even close to enjoyable.

Sinkane in St. Paul 2017 wasn’t bad but they played the exact same set both nights and the crowd wasn’t into that.

My google video results for Marsha Stasik are… not what I expected

1 Like

Bright Light Social Hour?

1 Like

Yep, they were sooooo loud it definitely detracted from them sounding even remotely good.

I love Bright Light Social Hour. Easily one of my favorite UM openers, just wish they’d varied the setlist a bit more

2 Likes

I can’t even think of that many right now. Rebelution was pretty bad. Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad wasn’t very good either

1 Like

Mini kiss?

4 Likes

between this and stasik’s mom im convinced half of these are inside jokes

5 Likes

You’ve never heard of GPGDS?!?!

6 Likes

they sadly are not

1 Like

lmao my sister talks about that NYE all the damn time.

2 Likes

I didn’t see that one but I saw mini kiss open for A Perfect Circle and they were awful

1 Like

i have not, do i need to become acquainted or stay as far away as possible?

1 Like

Nah, dont waste your time. But you should check out Deep Banana Blackout.

6 Likes

Cut @WhoDatVols some slack. He was still wearing short pants when they were around.

5 Likes