When was your first show?

the jam on the river show in 2005 was my favorite tDB show.

after the 1999 graffiti(pittsburgh) fall show, i was decidedly not interested in this band. but that whole weekend of music in 2005 at penns landing put me in the mood, and their show from that weekend hooked me. i was out of town the following year 2006 so i missed the one you’re referring to

1 Like

That was my second show. If I remember correctly they went 90s alternative radio and jammed Rage & Nirvana. Who ever booked those free gigs at the square made living here tolerable for a few summers.

11-4-07 @ Townballroom Buffalo, NY. Vaguely remember 30+min basis for a day that sent everyone into a tailspin, and trying to get a semi-successful biodome conga line going for safety dance.

I remember meeting everyone but Allen after the show, and Magner and Brownie really wanting to go to Marcellas, one of the local gay bars they had a riot at the last time in town, and Barber being too concerned with playing his Madden Franchise on the bus to entertain the idea. Some goof tried to get them to sign one of his dirty chuck taylors during that banter and got denied and razzed pretty good too. Excellent spunion entertainment.

3 Likes

10 years ago today.

4 Likes

Mothership. First Hulaween. Didnt get the bug till way later. But this was a fun show.

1 Like

Pretty sure it was Allen’s birthday but not much to write home about. Just pump out the Waves > Crickets here and there.

:wook:

Was the last night of a 5 night UM run I was on…caught Sammy’s “last show” as a result…

1 Like

7/19/07 10KLF

Iirc they played the right after UM (had no idea at the time it would probably be the best UM show I ever attended). Also my first UM show and first big festival. I had just graduated high school. 2nd or 3rd time eating L. Caterpillar was the only song I recognized, but I remember just having an absolute blast. Fun show to relisten too. What a night…looking back it was probably a really pivotal moment in my life as I’ve spent so much time and money seeing both of those bands. And have also met most of my best friends doing it.

5 Likes

06/10/06 White River State Park in Indy during the DUMB tour

Very rainy that day but great times nonetheless. Its crazy to think how different that White River venue is now. From a summer pop up stage in the grass to a fully fledged concrete ampitheater.

4 Likes

already posted about it ITT but I’ll do it again

3 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlimyValuableGrizzlybear-max-1mb.gif

2 Likes

Wish they didn’t add that amphitheater seating. Preferred the OG set up with pop up stage and could see great from anywhere.

1 Like

Id agree with you for jam shows for sure but since theyve renovated it theyve been able to bring in some really top notch acts. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss was amazing there last summer