umBOWL IX

I put one on the only stall at the Riv.

Wish I’d gotten a chance to meet you man. Come to MN in Feb!

5 Likes

Yeah I dropped the ball on Bort hangouts. Got to the show too late on Friday and was going pretty hard in the paint on Saturday. Plus it was pretty slammed where I was both nights.

2 Likes

My opinion on best to worst: raw stewage, older women set 1, older women set 2, cyoa, band set, stew art

7 Likes

Id agree with this. Potentially could swap raw stewage and friday set 1. great weekend

2 Likes

I think this order is on point. S2 had some redeeming qualities (boogie nights and Moog > robots) but the insistence on so many literal prompts and changing gears every 4 mins just kills the vibe.

Overall N2 just edged out N1 for me, just because it didn’t have anything that had me questioning why I even like the band like Darth Jamaica and Sharknado did.

2 Likes

I also cringed really hard at the Egyptian square dance section.

2 Likes

I was cringing n2 at the home video backdrops during jams. At first it was funny and what I thought a troll attempt on Joel, but then it got all serious with every band member as they sat there and admired them.

2 Likes

Lol wut

Like the Attics of My Life from GD50?

Pretty much, but with actual video footage from inside the tour bus n shit.

umbowl was fun. was sick to see a raw stewage set and another monster DBK. and also it was lovely to meet @syncptdstrngr she’s so sweet! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Been listening to this a lot and wish I could’ve made it. TOSOT alone would’ve made it worth it. And perhaps stealing a balloon from you. hehe

4 Likes

My buddy and I snuck out a stage right entrance that puts you in an alley away from all the congestion. Dude was walking by with a bunch of balloons and he said “do y’all want one?”, my buddy and I both said no. The way he said “all right” made it seem like he was disappointed so I said “fo free?” and he was like “yeah!” dude came back and gave me two free balloons

10 Likes

miracled

3 Likes

Was this hero wearing a cape?

1 Like

Don’t think so but wouldn’t rule it out.

1 Like

Is the expert panel available somewhere online? Would love to watch it tonight

1 Like

9 for 11?

the riv lol

14 Likes