UMBowl 2020

Never been to an UM Bowl, glad to see they brought it back. Really wish I could make this but I’ll be at Jazz fest. At least I’ll likely get to see UM the week before.

Yeah, 100% And I think this year will be awesome.

My point was at that time, UMBOWL was still marketed as an intimate show and UM put out a bunch of stuff saying only x amount of tix being sold, etc. I even remember seeing stuff like “as a holder of this coveted UMBOWL ticket…”. It was truly disappointing. Whether it was UM’s fault or the venue’s, the end result was still the same. It was advertised as an intimate show, we all paid for intimate show, and it was the opposite. Thus, the fraud comment.

The first UM Bowl was a pretty intimate experience. Attended two others but they were at the Brooklyn Bowl in Vegas which is like three times the size of Lincoln Hall. It hasn’t been a truly intimate experience in a while.

I’m talking crowd size/tickets sold, not venue size. It’s obviously grown in venue size and net ticket sales. Saying they will only sell to 70% capacity (don’t know what the actual number was) to keep it intimate still, but then they (UM or venue) closes off that other 30%, that’s the issue.

I ended up getting a decent spot and had a little room during the “second half”, but I just remember being so surprised and frustrated walking into the venue like 30 min before show, and it being packed. It was just a totally different experience than what was advertised and expected.

With that all said, it was a great two-night run with Brooklyn the next night.

Seems like the presale sold out immediately? I’ll keep trying

Yeah didn’t get anything

Been able to pull VIP tix a couple times, but not general

yeah, seems sketchy. I was on point and added 1, clicked continue, and then got an error page saying I was directed to this page by hitting my browser’s back button.

Would have liked to have nabbed one on the presale. Oh well.

grabbed 2 VIP. Yolo

So where is the presale tomorrow? Got busy at work for the 10 mins around noon.

Did anybody secure non-VIP tix?

I believe the issue was that staff did not allow fans to sit in the Balcony (not the Loge) which meant that the limited number of tickets which were sold (with the exception of VIP) were confined to the Floor. The original intent was to allow for those ticket holders to travel throughout the venue.

This time around, the amount of tickets sold will be less than normal capacity, but you will be able to select from Floor or Balcony.

2 Likes

Neat, I got one.

I thought you always get access to both if you buy tickets (referring to the cap in general, I didn’t go to UM bowl there last time). I wish they didn’t save all those loges for VIP. I always buy good loges for the cap at the normal face price, now I can’t. Not a big deal.

Lucked out and got four 2-day passes! Beyond excited!

Need all 4 of those?

Haha yes, unfortunately. All secured for the crew.

My crew > your crew

4 Likes

They’re specifically selling reserved balc seats this time, so idk