TOP PERSONAL FAVORITES OF 2020 (ALBUMS)

JFC. Started this morning with listening to ‘The Dirty South’ and that opening track is pretty fucking heavy. What a way to kick off an album.

1 Like

DBT tunes down to D standard which makes them sound pretty heavy. The Dirty South is a classic.

I love that he’s been putting stuff on Nugs. More non-jambands need to start

1 Like

Totally agree. Not my favorite artist by any stretch (though he does have some great tunes), but have loved seeing Tyler Childers make that move. Would be great if Sturgill Simpson started doing the same (though I know he does jam).

The Drive by Truckers are such a great American band, but my goodness they have a lot of content. They’ve got at least 15 albums and each album has got to be close to 60-70 minutes. It’s awesome, but I feel like if they cut out some stuff every now and then, each album would be A+

15 albums in 24 years isn’t an insanely high number of releases. Considering that 12 of the 15 are studio releases that is like one every two years.

Brighter than Creations Dark and English Oceans could have been pared down, but Southern Rock Opera was intended to be a true double album. Some of the length comes from having up to three songwriters contributing to their records at times.