Today in Umphrey's McGee History

same

1 Like

:+1: :sunglasses:

:man_shrugging:

That weekend was a lot of fun. Took my parents to the first night of Detroit too!

1 Like

Always loved 02/03/2010

Great Resolution and Crooked One jams in the first set. That signature Winter 2010 sound.

https://allthings.umphreys.com/setlists/umphreys-mcgee-february-3-2010-liberty-hall-lawrence-ks-usa.html

3 Likes

February 2010 was a great month for Resolution. The 2.11 Asheville and 2.25 NYC versions are spin worthy too!

1 Like

Feb 2011 was no slouch either. This show was so fun, I highly suggest you check out the August and Tinkle’s, killer 30 mins of music. Setlist should definitely be August > Tinkle’s. I could’ve done without the covers though.

February 3, 2011 Umphrey’s McGeeBuster’s Billiards & BackroomLexington, KY, USA

Set 1: The Floor, #5, August, Miss Tinkle’s Overture > Mail Package, In Bloom, Thin Air

Set 2: 2nd Self, Red Tape, Much Obliged > Mullet (Over), The Fuzz[1] > Much Obliged, Nuthin’ but a ‘G’ Thang, Smell the Mitten

Encore: Higgins > Miss Tinkle’s Overture

Footnotes:
[1] with Free Fallin’ (Tom Petty) jam

Opening Band(s): Orchard Lounge

3 Likes

That Red Tape was pretty dope too.

1 Like

February 7, 2013 Umphrey’s McGeeFirst AvenueMinneapolis, MN, USA

Set 1: Day Nurse, Divisions[1] > Uncle Wally, Great American> Q*Bert > Great American > Nemo[2], Through the Cracks > Divisions

Set 2: Hangover, Miss Tinkle’s Overture, All In Time > Padgett’s Profile, Resolution > All In Time

Encore: Fame > The Triple Wide

Footnotes:
[1] with Dance Hall Days (Wang Chung) jam
[2] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics

**Show Notes:**This show was in Mainroom

Listened to this show today, the first set still kicks ass. Was rail for this one too, back when I still did that

3 Likes

This run was super fun. Had a blast

2 Likes

Show is just stacked with awesomeness. To have this much top shelf material be bookended by what’s arguably one of the best versions of August to open & that ridiculous FF-> HBB to close it out is some serious stuff! Just a completely stacked show! The Thin Air encore was great as well.

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

4 Likes

Best show ever. Spinning it now and on the fancy. One of the defining shows of my life. Freshman year cole, second show of um for me. Showed me what improv could bring to show and the energy of it all.

This show was so good people were fucking in GA floor

2 Likes

The end of this august just made me tear up a cry a lil. I still remember this moment vividly. Jake crushing a peak and you can hear the crowd just lose it. Man, I love this band

2 Likes

Just starting the second set love a Dump City opening set slot!

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

15 year anniversary of the hurricane-holly run. great times

6 Likes

God bless that run.

1 Like

i was house sitting for my uncle in lake bluff, il for the week leading up this run.i left work downtown early, to stop at uncle’s house and get my car. i was staying in a basement apartment and when i got back to grab my shit, i discovered two raccoons, each trapped in a window well looking in at me. so before i left for madison, i had to figure out a way to free them. found a 2x4 for one of them, and a long branch for the other. popped them into the respective wells, and didn’t stick around to see if that was enough for set them free. when i got home after night 4, they were gone. i’m pretty much their hero.

this is also the run where i ended up hanging out with a group of four deaf girls who were hanging out at the location of one of the after shows

7 Likes

My buddy used to bang this deaf girl. We would hear them somethimes. Idk how he kept a straight face while he was hittin it. The moans were hilarious

5 Likes

February 14, 2010 Umphrey’s McGeeRam’s Head Live!Baltimore, MD, USA

Set 1: Big Heart, Turn & Dub, Example 1, Conduit, Nemo, Spires[1] > Miss Tinkle’s Overture

Set 2: I Am Trying to Break Your Heart[2] > The Triple Wide[1] > All In Time, Booth Love[3], Partyin’ Peeps

Encore: Much Obliged[1] > Pipeline > I Keep Forgettin’[4]-> RegulateI Keep Forgettin’[4] > Regulate[5]

Footnotes:
[1] unfinished
[2] debut, Wilco; Brendan on acoustic guitar; winner of the ValUMtine’s Day Song Poll
[3] debut, original
[4] one chorus and verse
[5] with I Keep Forgettin’ (Michael McDonald) tease

This was very early on in my relationship with my “wife.” We had dinner at Brauhaus Schmitz on South Street in Philly and I walked down to the TLA to buy tickets for the 2/27 show because I think the TLA and E-Factory were affiliated at the time. She asked about the band I was getting tickets for and I said, “oddly enough, they’re in Baltimore tonight. We should go lol so random.” She was down for it so we GITHyundai and did the damn thing. Fun show, Nemo, 3x > AIT, and the encore were the highlights. Booth debut was solid at the time as well.

3 Likes