The Worst Year of Umphrey's Is

Too Many Songs Not Enough Improv

7 Likes

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

yw noob :wink:

4 Likes

Especially earlier in the year. One or two pieces of standout improv each night then by middle of the year, they really locked in and were just shitting out great shows.

2009 was hated on cause of Mantis and the fact that 04-08 UM was so good. I would take any 09 jam over any of their jams nowadays

4 Likes

Dang forgot how good that AiT was. Thanks for reminding me

1 Like

My fav all in times are
2/14/09
7/1/11
3/1/19

1 Like

I think my favorite 09 jam is ITK from the Aggie

3 Likes

Sorry I got busy/distracted at work. They must’ve not realized I was trying to rawk then give a review on some heady improv.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would be thrilled I witnessed something like that now (and had post 2010 soundboards)

But it’s not the barn burner I was fully expecting. Around the 13 minute mark it kinda fizzles and the second peak doesn’t have quite the balls.

But that first jam is sick and I dig the extended outro as well

3 Likes

Love that AIT (and Synco, August and Ninja), but Ialso love OOO and Search 4 so it’s not like the rest of the set was a total loss.

3 Likes

Alright @snuckaskitchen won this round

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Attendance bias, but I’ve always been a big fan of 12/29/06 AiT.

2 Likes

10/26/15 AIT is one of the best AITs out there.

3/20/14 is also a personal favorite. Jam rips hard from the very start

6/21/14 London AIT also covers alot of ground that doesn’t get talked about enough.

4 Likes

Those jams in the first set are choice. I think this is the Ninja that you can hear Jake say “best Ninja ever” on the board after they finish it.

1 Like

Also shoutout to 7-5-08 All in Time. Shit crushes!

Time stamped for the start of the jam. Fierce dance jam

5 Likes

1 Like

if they kept that groove going longer it would be my undisputed #1

1 Like