The Newb Thread

You know how Jeff foxworthy had his “you might be a redneck if…” bit. You can do something similar with Bayliss setlists

If you think to yourself “they’ve played this exact same show before”, you might be looking at a BayLiss setlist

If you think to yourself “they played all the same damn songs two runs in a row”, you might be looking at a lot of bayliss setlists

Yet, paradoxically, you will still love bayliss.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@SchladopianFir
This QR code links to the old bort’s QA for newbies.

21 Likes

Love how helpful this community is with new fans!

8 Likes

They’ve been gentle

I guess I should’ve waited until I opened the QR. I swear if anybody EVER tricks me into looking at such a filthy picture again…

who the fuck needs to look at Jar Jar?

6 Likes

Welcome to the Bort!

13 Likes

Everyone has songs they like. Bayliss faves have been well documented here :slight_smile: Bayliss sets also tend to rely excessively on whatever songs are new at the time.

You want a VERY Joel setlist, look at Baldwinsville from recently. Joel loves Out of Order, Kabump, and Intentions Clear and guess what…they’re all there. If a setlist is dominated by “old” songs (pre-2009) those also tend to be Joel more than not.

Stasik is the weird one. He does every Pittsburgh and Stone Pony setlist. Loves to alternate “heavy” songs and pretty songs, include songs that don’t usually get jammed out with jams, and include WBG, End of the Road, Nopener, Sludge and Death, and for some reason, Hourglass in sets. But mostly heavy songs and pretty songs.

4 Likes

5 Likes

So, who likes to do the untzy/dance jam stuff, or is that more of who’s leading the jam instead of who writes the setlist? And to be honest, i actually don’t even know if “leading the jam” is a thing or not.

It definitely is.

I got a band you should hear

12 Likes

Was thinking about this and not sure i’ve ever really heard an example of somebody saying “lets get dancy” or something. They might plan out putting dance jams in certain songs (or they’re implied), but I think Kris tends to control the style of the jams

4 Likes

Do I got to listen to Jon sing? JK

point me in a good direction, cuz I’ll definitely kickstep to Bisco. I’m into Pretty Lights, Manic Focus, Daily Bread, and all other sorts of that kinda shit.

6/27/09

5 Likes

How about a Wade setlist

1 Like

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I’m gonna add 3/5/09 to @StoneJackBaller 's rec.

2 Likes

Is that the Stryper show?

Sure is. And that first set is :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

:100: love it