The Kris Myers Appreciation Thread

Let’s face it, Myers is probably the best musician in the band. This thread is all about him…

I am beyond thrilled to see the news about lessons (and “hangs”, if you’re into that)…

/custied

4 Likes

I’m always surprised when he’s wearing anything heavier than a tank top. Dude just crushes it, I’d be sweating my ass off.

2 Likes

RC: watches Kris the most of any band member during the show.

He’s really fun to watch

9 Likes

No way I can claim this, but I have focused on him more than I did in my earlier years of seeing UM.

He likes putting things in his face, is a pro at prowling the fanbase, and has a wicked mole/birthmark on this back. Not much not to like.

2 Likes

rode the tram at the denver airport with him on new years day this year. he wears really nice shoes on travel days

I’d say it’s a tie between Jake and Kris for most talented member on a technical level.

yeah, agreed. i give the edge to Myers only because he’s almost constantly improvising over the “written” drum charts on every song. i don’t know that he could play a song note-for-note the same way twice if he tried.

Kris always blows my mind during the instrumental section at the end of 2nd Self.

3 Likes

MY BALLS, you’re gonna have to lick MY BALLS, you’re gonna have to suck MY BALLS, you’re gonna have to SUCK MY DICK

4 Likes

Jake is also more prolific as a song writer and can play numerous instruments. Myers gets the edge with a better voice though I’d say.

true true. Jake writes some great stuff.

On the other side of the coin, I think Myers devotes all of his energy to just drums. I don’t think he really dabbles with any other instruments does he?

Am I missing something here? Is this a trick for counting that section?

1 Like

i think he does actually. i know he’s interested in scoring video/film, but don’t know too much about the specifics. i would assume that means more than just drums and percussion, but not sure.

Checks out. Too damn funny.

1 Like

Yes, IIRC he told the story about how they taught him that part of the song in response to a question at an S2 show about why they stopped saying “lick balls” in Prowler.

5 Likes

I like how Bayliss always laughs when the crowd shouts Lick Balls during Prowler, and how confused the noobs are.

I still scream it every time when they play it, my “wife” always finds it amusing since I’m usually the only one that screams it like I’m a 15 year old girl the first time seeing the Beatles.

5 Likes

I’ve heard some wild shit about this dude as well all along these lines.