The Doniac Schvice

Im sure its well in the tour budget each year. When was the last time they played a non fest one setter like this?

Allstate Arena
US Cellular Arena
Deer Creek
Alpine Valley
Red Rocks
Fox Theater
Toyota Park
Telluride
1st Bank Center
Boardwalk Hall
Atlantic City Beach
Blossom
Chaifetz Arena
UIC
Wrigley Field
Northerly Island
Dicks
Starlight Theater
Ascend Ampitheater
MSG
The Gorge
Shoreline
Chase Center
Golden 1 Cenrer
The Mann
MGM Grand
The Wharf Ampitheater
Watkins Glenn

Probably missing a few

Bonnaroo, Mexico, Phish fests, and Jazz fest are the only ones that come to mind recently. All fest sets

1 Like

Last night was the most enjoyable phish show I’ve seen. I don’t think I’ll ever be as blown away by them as other people here but there were some noteworthy moments. There was a lot of meandering and noodling that went nowhere but I really liked the carini jam, also had a ton of fun braving the elements and fighting the storm with my friends too. Overall had a great time yesterday and last night. It was just nice to get out, see some live music and hangout with a bunch of homies. They weren’t even scanning tickets to get in the venue, just had to go through the metal detectors, so the line moved pretty quickly. Found a good spot on the lawn, there was a torrential downpour to start the show but the rain fucked off for the most part.

Been crushing shows totally sober* and might ride this train for awhile. I save a ton of money and it’s nice to just chill and listen to some live music.

*a few joints and a couple balloons don’t count (IMO)

3 Likes

PT sober

5 Likes

Glad you had a good time man. If nothing else the lights and crowd energy alone are a hoot.

For some perspective id probably give last night a C+ via stream for last couple years. B- if we count all 3.0

1 Like

Northery Island 2013 comes to mind. Only got 1 set on friday due to rains, 3 sets saturday, then the Second City Harpua debacle on Sunday.

Fenway 2019 was the same deal. Weather delayed and they came out and did one long set. Terrible run, I was there.

4 Likes

Yeah that show was a disaster. Made me hate Phish again

Was going to say that, but then forgot they did start set 2 with DWD > Caspian before calling it.

Ahhh that’s right. I thankfully wasn’t at that one.

I went the following summer and the weather was absolutely perfect all 3 nights. Fantastic summer weekend in Chicago.

I know it can change but weather is looking solid for alpine. But not being 90+ degrees like it always is at alpine would be such a welcome surprise (especially for my pregnant “wife”)

2 Likes

that was something. brutal

the Energy jam that run was tight though, as was meatstick in the rain

1 Like

Thought I had 29 venues at first but PT has all the names for Deer Creek and Northerly so had to get rid of some dupes … down to 24

Alpine Valley Music Theatre
TD Pavilion at The Mann
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Ascend Amphitheater
North Charleston Coliseum
Fenway Park
PNC Music Pavilion
Allstate Arena
Hampton Coliseum
Gorge Amphitheatre
Madison Square Garden
Klipsch Music Center
Wrigley Field
Barceló Maya Beach Resort
Northerly Island
New Orleans Fair Grounds Race Course
UIC Pavilion
Toyota Park
Shoreline Amphitheatre
Target Center
Seminole Indian Reservation
Deer Creek Music Center
Kohl Center
The Palace

If anyone has watched the show The Bear, the guy who was the Second City dude onstage during that fucking Harpua is in the show. He’s the chef’s brother in law.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I like this one. In a plain pastel violet frame or even a slightly ornate gold painted frame with some bevels. It needs to stand alone on whatever wall you put it though with no other distractions. Would look best in a beach house I guess.

Whenever people start putting stipulations like this on things, it’s a coverup for things sucking.

2 Likes

Feeling pretty good about these AC shows! :ferris_wheel::slot_machine:

are you able to stream your screen on one laptop with OBS and twitch? It keeps cropping the fuck out of my screen share

not using for phish but figured i’d ask

cc @OSUmBeaverPhreak